Feat system broken on server 21 but Samba will not fix it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feat system broken on server 21 but Samba will not fix it

Last week in the final hour before reset I held second in weekly feats but all my data was erased and I placed 77th! At first, support refused to acknowledge what had happened. They eventually sent me an email with the difference in honor that I should have received.

However, the issue is not resolved and carried into the feats rankings this week. Some players feats from last week transferred to this week. I place top 5 in two to three VB per day and win several of them (taking 1st) per week. I am maxed weekly pvp feats and yet for the first time ever am not even on the top 10 feat rankings.

Samba will not even respond to my tickets now. I would like to know what kind of company accepts your money but then lets their product run flawed without a care to fix it? Why should I spend another penny on this game if you refuse to do what is right and fix your product?

It sounds to me like they took a fair bit of effort to go through the data and fix your rewards.
    There is evidence that they also did this on other servers as well.
    This type of effort might take some time, and delay a response.

Add to that the fact that most games use code from other companies to make the overall game easier to program.
    (Read that as more cost effective from the company's POV.)
    This means the developers working on the code may not have access to some modules (beyond a binary file).

To put the difficulty into non-programmer's terms, it is like trying to spell check a 100k word novel without the use of a word processor.
    Even a significant effort to eliminate bugs can miss some.

An actual example of a small game I wrote:
    ~ 2,000 lines of code ~ 8 hours to write from scratch
    ~ 200 compiling errors ~ 8 hours to cure 80%
    ~ 40 compiling errors ~ 16 hours to reduce down to 2

So 2k lines of code is about a week's efforts to get it to compile, and then cure the easy bugs that show up once it is running.
    A MMO like this might be 1,000x the number of lines of code.
    To get 20 years worth of work done, they use outside code, plus multiple people.

Be nice to them, and try to work with them as they try to help you.
    Then give them time to actually resolve the issues.
    Chances are: they are not taking your money and going on vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by 75291555313821 View Post
      Last week in the final hour before reset I held second in weekly feats but all my data was erased and I placed 77th! At first, support refused to acknowledge what had happened. They eventually sent me an email with the difference in honor that I should have received.

However, the issue is not resolved and carried into the feats rankings this week. Some players feats from last week transferred to this week. I place top 5 in two to three VB per day and win several of them (taking 1st) per week. I am maxed weekly pvp feats and yet for the first time ever am not even on the top 10 feat rankings.

Samba will not even respond to my tickets now. I would like to know what kind of company accepts your money but then lets their product run flawed without a care to fix it? Why should I spend another penny on this game if you refuse to do what is right and fix your product?

HI,

We are sorry about what you experienced. As far a I can remember, the correct rank rewards was sent to the players whose rank was reset, when this issue was found and fixed.
      If you do not receive your correct rewards, please provide us your character name, we will check out the compensate history, and give you the correct rewards you deserved :)

Comment

Maggiem you did not even read the post you quoted. "the correct rank rewards was sent to the players whose rank was reset". Oh, that's great. Did take back the extra feats that other players got to keep from one week to the next? Did you take back the extra rewards given to players that shouldn't have won? No? Then you didn't "fix" it.

Comment

Working...
        X