Review/Feedback Thing After My Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review/Feedback Thing After My Day 1

So this is day 2 for me playing this game. I hit level 40, not too bad in my opinion. But I have a lot to say about what I experienced and what I see actually happening.

Visuals - Great not much to say about that.

Music - Great not much to say about that.

Sound Effects - None, I would love to hear the sounds of the special skills and various attacks instead of just a music track through the whole thing.

Combat - Not much of a combat when I can't participate in it. But I don't see this changing sadly but it is a major turn off for me. For a game that has combat it NEEDS to involve the player. The only things I control is what I upgrade, not much of a game if that is all this game has to offer. I'm not saying do it like Naruto Online, but let me just do something in a fight.

Energy - This is an issue, i can't farm any materials to rank up because of the lack of energy (outside the fact the materials are heavily RNG but I'll get to that later) I start with 150 energy spend most of it doing the main quest to level. Spend even more to try to farm, just for the next day I have only about 15 energy. This needs to be fixed, I suggest at 5 AM server time as well as 1 PM server time, the game gives 50 energy flat out so we can actually start doing things to progress. As it stands now it is ridiculous.

Upgrading Materials - This infuriates me I can sweep an instance 10 which gives me a chance at broken keys or torn pages and get no materials especially when you can craft materials from the materials you can farm when they require say 20 of each material. This just isn't good game design. I don't mind a chance at getting it, but I would like to see actually instances where I can just farm for materials or increase their drop rate or decrease the amount needed for materials needed to craft other materials

Just to get an easier idea of what I mean, for a Blue Magic Pen I need 20 Torn Pages and 20 Sacks, and when you sweep say 10 times you only get about 3 materials if that? Then I need THIRTY Magic Pens and Pipes to make a Magic Pistol then needing 30 Blue Gravel and 30 Blue Potions to make Goggles

So to Rank Up Erigor I need 1,000+ of each of the green materials with only an energy cap of 150? And those materials having a low drop rate and if you do get them, you only get 1? This is what I call TGD (Terrible Game Design). Fix this issue. I have no idea if I can farm for Goggles without having to craft or any of the other materials, but so far haven't seen that I could.

Silver - Trade isn't enough to rely on a solid silver income, I can't even afford to upgrade my gear at this point. Yeah I'll admit I spent a lot in the bar for about 400 star souls and I am only a 3rd of the way of getting Natsu. But on day 2, I expected at the very least to be able to gain more silver. If this remains, there is no way in hell would I able to keep all my gear upgraded. Let dailies give ENOUGH Silver that I shouldn't have to worry about it too much. Take Naruto Online for example. You can get 25k coins a day for free. Keep in mind I can also do Survival Trial there and gain really close to 1 million coins. However, after all my gear is upgraded or taken care of, I never needed more than 150k coins (Mostly for their black market) Then I can gain more coins nearly 170k just from running Convoys. I always have enough, here you when you have no silver, you would be forced to save silver for days just to upgrade your gear if you're broke. Give us viable and consistent ways in gaining enough coins.

Check In - Please for the love of god when you log in for the next day, this automatically pops up the moment you load in. This will help players remember to do it. And if you're VIP or whatever, then it won't have to pop up.

Dungeon - Please remove the need for using only female characters. There is way too few of them, this wouldn't be a bad condition IF we had access to a lot of female characters, especially one that is a tank. Sadly only having 1 Tank Female being Erza isn't great design, it forces you to have her when this condition pops up from the weather.

Healer Role Characters - So you lock Lucy behind a paywall unless you want to spend a long time getting her from Guild Shop...thanks. For 1000 group currency I can get 1 frag and since I need 100, if I can get 1000 group currency a day, I'll get her in roughly 100 days where she may become obsolete! That isn't including the frags needing to awaken her as well as the materials I need for it. The 2nd being Sherry which isn't too bad for 200 star souls in the bar. So I'm only stuck with 1 option for the most part being Sherry and considering healers may be really valuable in PvP or even in various instances we need more.

Tank Role Characters - Only 4, we kind of need more than 4. But I do hope more is in the works. Most people will be running Erza, Gajeel, or Elfman which over centralizes on team building.

Arena - So you're telling me there is no one in between 1000 and 796? I can't even exit my rank of 1000 because everyone from 796 or lower has more power than I do. It prevents me from even bothering with arena if I can't progress. Yeah I can gain more power which is fine, But when I do gain more power and people have better characters on their team, I'm most likely still screwed.

Daily Quests - These are a joke, you're telling me I only get 3000 silver for doing an S rank daily quest? That is absolutely nothing in this game, there is no reasoning in the world to think that is ok. Add an extra 0 or 2 and then I'll be ok with it. Also Daily Quests are meant to level you as well but hey I anything to keep players just grinding exp just by doing instances am I right?

Gems - This is going to lead in 1 of 2 ways. Is there a gift for players that play for so long they actually get Gold/Coupons such as 5 min cd get free stuff and when you hit say 1 hour you get gold/coupons? If no, then WHY tie in Combing Gems into Daily Quests or even spending? That aside, why give players who pay only on the off chance players who don't spend real life money on this game can't get gems. A possible huge power boost from being able to buy gems? This should be farmable, Sorry one of the reasons this infuriates me cause you'd be forcing extremely hard that you only want cash and don't care about the players. If that isn't the case and free to play players can obtain these gems, Then you can ignore this.

Ending Thoughts - As this game is now, yes I know it is closed beta (not much of a closed beta when anyone can participate but that is beside the point) so yes I do expect balance issues and bugs. However, unless some of these things change I can't recommend this game to anyone as no one enjoys a possible huge grind fest, then not able to possibly have any silver to use and force players to be careful when using it. Lack of diversity of the roles, then the frustration of materials that you need. However if it does change, then I'll take another look and if I like what I experience I would then suggest this game.
Working...
X