Servers down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 16761828211 View Post

No they should not give out any compensation at all, why should they when they have to lose money when the company that owns the servers have to close them down to do repairs to their own server room. If NGames owned the server and server room then I would be saying that something should be given out, but please explain Karren Why they should pay for something which they are not responsible for and could do nothing about down time.

Now if the down time was for 1 day then yes compo should be thought about, but for a Maintenance, which was announced, would we ask for compo? Does that mean every maintenance we should demand compo? what about all the times where people get stuck as they do not log out? what about those times when the game is up early, should we demand compo then?

Simple answer Karren is, NO!
    Checked my in game mail today and all I can say is: LOL

Comment

Originally posted by bendigomale40 View Post

all i can say is bad day to do maintenance. Maintenance should revert back to Mondays then people cant complain about missing 3vs3
      Agree but this Maintenance was nothing to do with game, more company that owns the servers and server room. Well now the company have given out compo we will be getting everybody and their DOG demanding Compo for every Maintenance from now on that lasts 2 seconds longer than it should. Still I say they should not have paid out, and that's my opinion.

Comment

Agree but this Maintenance was nothing to do with game, more company that owns the servers and server room. Well now the company have given out compo we will be getting everybody and their DOG demanding Compo for every Maintenance from now on that lasts 2 seconds longer than it should. Still I say they should not have paid out, and that's my opinion.
        I think players upset because server was down more than 6 hours missing 3vs3 when 6 hours would have had 30mins to spare to join 3vs3 plus Maintenance always the same time so this don't effect players who play later , also they had maintenance last week this server room Maintenance should have been done then or the next event Maintenance occurs. if this sort of Maintenance happens again the need to choose a different time to do this players in 0:30 server time seems to be offline more than other players that play later, This is why players ask for compensation because players get sick of them choosing the same time slot for every Maintenance

Comment

No they should not give out any compensation at all, why should they when they have to lose money when the company that owns the servers have to close them down to do repairs to their own server room. If NGames owned the server and server room then I would be saying that something should be given out, but please explain Karren Why they should pay for something which they are not responsible for and could do nothing about down time.

Now if the down time was for 1 day then yes compo should be thought about, but for a Maintenance, which was announced, would we ask for compo? Does that mean every maintenance we should demand compo? what about all the times where people get stuck as they do not log out? what about those times when the game is up early, should we demand compo then?

Simple answer Karren is, NO!
          First of all, I didn't demand anything. Second, my name is NOT Karren. Third, YOU have no right to say anything to anyone about their asking for compensation or anything else (you're NOT game owner, dev or even a moderator) and last, if they were doing maintenance then all would be fixed but NOTHING ever gets "repaired" or changed during these times.
          Simple answer Mr NotKnowItAll: Leave responses about things ASKED to the moderators!

Comment

Mantis is a moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by crazywoman View Post

First of all, I didn't demand anything. Second, my name is NOT Karren. Third, YOU have no right to say anything to anyone about their asking for compensation or anything else (you're NOT game owner, dev or even a moderator) and last, if they were doing maintenance then all would be fixed but NOTHING ever gets "repaired" or changed during these times.
              Simple answer Mr NotKnowItAll: Leave responses about things ASKED to the moderators!
              As you have been corrected I am a Super Moderator, not just a Moderator.

As for calling you directly Karren I am sorry for insulting you on the forum. However as for the server Room Maintenance, which has nothing to do with servers BTW, NGames would not have had a choice in closing the servers that would have been something which was out of their control, unless you want dust and dirt getting into servers which would have caused damage. You would be surprised what you have to do in a server room when your actually doing Maintenance on the room. Nobody actually know what was done, maybe they needed to remove old badly worn out units for new faster kinds, or the aircon had broken and needed to be fixed or replaced. We just do not know and even if we did we cannot hold NGames to account as they do not control servers in America. So if the American company actually fixed the servers, maintained their server rooms, oh and sorted out the problems their end they we NGames customers wouldn't have had major problems over the years due to those servers.

And one this you will learn, just like everybody else. I do value peoples opinions as long as they are not verbally abusive, and I mean strong bad language and/or lies. I have my own opinion which can go against company lines, as I am not employed by them, or be funny supportive when it comes to company lines. As I said it was a very bad idea to give out compo for just 1hr 30 mins of extra downtime, but when we have had and extra 6 hours downtime nobody asked for compo then or times when its been an extra 2 hours. Also do we give them credit's when they finish early? I believe it would set a BAD president for the future if this continued, however if the game crashed during the night lets say, when the whole of the EU players were playing and US players are asleep, would it be fair to pay out only EU players? I am not talking about the US servers I am talking just EU servers. I would say yes pay the EU servers instantly, and wait to see how many were actually effected on US servers.

It is difficult to put personal opinions into any post because people class a person who Moderates a forum as somebody that should not actually have an opinion. I could be a complete B stard, I will tell myself off for that word, and just ban people so flaming others and getting too personal, which helps nobody or allow a conversation. I should not have called you Karren and I am sorry for that, but please understand you clearly stated that you were up around 3am your time, which is around 8.00am GMT+1 server reset. 30 minutes later server closed. Then the game returned after 4pm GMT+1 about your 11am. All of the EU players had lost over half of their day waiting for the server to return, where as if somebody woke up at 7am or 8am EST you would have waited 4 hours maximum.

Just highlighting this just so you remember:

Simple answer Mr NotKnowItAll: Leave responses about things ASKED to the moderators

Thank you for the correct spelling of my name. I have been in this game since beta and have a vast knowledge of the game. I also, as a moderator respond to people when they need help, and others will tell you, I am a pain when naffed off, and I can also be good for getting help.

I do not put grease on my ears, I have double doors :P

Comment

Originally posted by bendigomale40 View Post

I think players upset because server was down more than 6 hours missing 3vs3 when 6 hours would have had 30mins to spare to join 3vs3 plus Maintenance always the same time so this don't effect players who play later , also they had maintenance last week this server room Maintenance should have been done then or the next event Maintenance occurs. if this sort of Maintenance happens again the need to choose a different time to do this players in 0:30 server time seems to be offline more than other players that play later, This is why players ask for compensation because players get sick of them choosing the same time slot for every Maintenance
                Im with you as I know your an EU player and you had to wait around 8 hours before actually starting the game. Going into game for 30 minute with a good chance of getting stuck really isn't worth it as it could be hours or until the next day before the fleet is free, so 8 hours waiting is not good. I also remember server Maintenances posted for 3 hours and lasting 6 with no compo. I have been in game too long now and remember too many bad maintenance for the EU servers unlike the US servers.

I do agree that if the game crashes for 30 mins at any point players should receive something, even if its small. The longer the down time the bigger the reward. I have been in those conversations before and pushed and got great compos for people, as some know. I believe this effected EU players the most and EU servers should have been given something more.

That's just my personal opinion and I think you understand why I said the EU servers should have had more.

Comment

As you have been corrected I am a Super Moderator, not just a Moderator.

As for calling you directly Karren I am sorry for insulting you on the forum. However as for the server Room Maintenance, which has nothing to do with servers BTW, NGames would not have had a choice in closing the servers that would have been something which was out of their control, unless you want dust and dirt getting into servers which would have caused damage. You would be surprised what you have to do in a server room when your actually doing Maintenance on the room. Nobody actually know what was done, maybe they needed to remove old badly worn out units for new faster kinds, or the aircon had broken and needed to be fixed or replaced. We just do not know and even if we did we cannot hold NGames to account as they do not control servers in America. So if the American company actually fixed the servers, maintained their server rooms, oh and sorted out the problems their end they we NGames customers wouldn't have had major problems over the years due to those servers.

And one this you will learn, just like everybody else. I do value peoples opinions as long as they are not verbally abusive, and I mean strong bad language and/or lies. I have my own opinion which can go against company lines, as I am not employed by them, or be funny supportive when it comes to company lines. As I said it was a very bad idea to give out compo for just 1hr 30 mins of extra downtime, but when we have had and extra 6 hours downtime nobody asked for compo then or times when its been an extra 2 hours. Also do we give them credit's when they finish early? I believe it would set a BAD president for the future if this continued, however if the game crashed during the night lets say, when the whole of the EU players were playing and US players are asleep, would it be fair to pay out only EU players? I am not talking about the US servers I am talking just EU servers. I would say yes pay the EU servers instantly, and wait to see how many were actually effected on US servers.

It is difficult to put personal opinions into any post because people class a person who Moderates a forum as somebody that should not actually have an opinion. I could be a complete B stard, I will tell myself off for that word, and just ban people so flaming others and getting too personal, which helps nobody or allow a conversation. I should not have called you Karren and I am sorry for that, but please understand you clearly stated that you were up around 3am your time, which is around 8.00am GMT+1 server reset. 30 minutes later server closed. Then the game returned after 4pm GMT+1 about your 11am. All of the EU players had lost over half of their day waiting for the server to return, where as if somebody woke up at 7am or 8am EST you would have waited 4 hours maximum.

Just highlighting this just so you remember:

Simple answer Mr NotKnowItAll: Leave responses about things ASKED to the moderators

Thank you for the correct spelling of my name. I have been in this game since beta and have a vast knowledge of the game. I also, as a moderator respond to people when they need help, and others will tell you, I am a pain when naffed off, and I can also be good for getting help.

I do not put grease on my ears, I have double doors :P
                  Just because the time zones are different doesn't mean players have options on when to get on game and when to "sleep". I am on game same as UK friends because that's when I have the time for it not because I choose to be. as for the compensation, people have always literally demanded compensation in the past for downtime lasting longer than the forums say it'll be that's why they started saying "at least" so many hours. The fact that you keep saying they do not control servers in America, the same ones who own the game in EU own it in USA, it's not a problem of EU or USA servers, it's a problem with the developers/maintenance folks for the company. I too have been with the game since it started and never had as many issues with things as here lately. Ever since they switched to mini client it's been a lot of aggravating disconnects and kicking out of 3v3 lobby. I don't expect anything but that to eventually be fixed during a downtime. I do ASK that like bendigomale40 keeps stating, it would be more reasonable to do downtimes for "maintenance/repairs" on Mondays instead of during the middle of the week. Also, not everyone looks at forums so the "posted" announcement would work out better sent as an ingame mail to all players (just a suggestion). I may call myself CrazyWoman, but I'm one of the nicest people someone could know, I offer help and advice in game (even though I was turned down for "game helper") because I feel everyone needs a little help from time to time and the more good help new players get the better chance of them sticking around I accept your apology for the Karren thing, but please understand your quoting times for when things happened 3 am my time is 0:00 server time true but not all of us have the option of "going back to bed" to be in game later. Some of us work for a living and are on game when able to be which is the case for me and my husband. so technically, not just EU (actually UK) players lost the game playing time. Game crashing happens all over the world so I'd like to request that be looked into as well, it's not folks computers when it's numerous players.

Comment

Originally posted by crazywoman View Post

Just because the time zones are different doesn't mean players have options on when to get on game and when to "sleep". I am on game same as UK friends because that's when I have the time for it not because I choose to be. as for the compensation, people have always literally demanded compensation in the past for downtime lasting longer than the forums say it'll be that's why they started saying "at least" so many hours. The fact that you keep saying they do not control servers in America, the same ones who own the game in EU own it in USA, it's not a problem of EU or USA servers, it's a problem with the developers/maintenance folks for the company. I too have been with the game since it started and never had as many issues with things as here lately. Ever since they switched to mini client it's been a lot of aggravating disconnects and kicking out of 3v3 lobby. I don't expect anything but that to eventually be fixed during a downtime. I do ASK that like bendigomale40 keeps stating, it would be more reasonable to do downtimes for "maintenance/repairs" on Mondays instead of during the middle of the week. Also, not everyone looks at forums so the "posted" announcement would work out better sent as an ingame mail to all players (just a suggestion). I may call myself CrazyWoman, but I'm one of the nicest people someone could know, I offer help and advice in game (even though I was turned down for "game helper") because I feel everyone needs a little help from time to time and the more good help new players get the better chance of them sticking around I accept your apology for the Karren thing, but please understand your quoting times for when things happened 3 am my time is 0:00 server time true but not all of us have the option of "going back to bed" to be in game later. Some of us work for a living and are on game when able to be which is the case for me and my husband. so technically, not just EU (actually UK) players lost the game playing time. Game crashing happens all over the world so I'd like to request that be looked into as well, it's not folks computers when it's numerous players.
                    1, Please point out where I said UK servers? I said EU servers not US servers, there is a difference. UK players mostly, if not all, play on the US server which resets at 8.00am GMT+1
                    The EU servers also reset at 8.00am GMT+1 but you will not, or may not, even know they are available for you to join as you play on the US servers.

2, the company that owns the servers are not the developers or the company which released the game in the US or the EU. A simple ISP search will tell you this.

3, downtime. I agree all downtimes should be on mondays, however are you stating that the American company which owns the servers should do their work on a Monday just because players in a computer game demand it? Clearly when a company within America, which is not owned by the games company, want to do work within their privately owned facility they should ask permission to do the work when they like or follow set rules just because the game players only want it doing on Mondays? Clearly you do not understand who does what. I understand when Bendigomale40 is talking about. I agree with him, regular monday server/game maintenance should happen and it should also have an in game mail sent out so none forum players are also warned of game Maintenances.

4, Mini Client. I can only say this, did you want to continue to play the game or have it close? I must also add that some people were also testing the mini client to get it more stable, these people did it off their own backs with no thanks by anybody just abuse because people didn't understand what was being done to improve the game. The amount of abuse was too much, but hay you go on about the mini client being bad and how its pointless, but clearly you still use it and play the game. Remember they could have pulled the plug onec Star Trek Incursion came out, and look how bad that is. If it was not for all browsers, except those that charge, dropping flash and Adobe and Microhacks(Microsoft) making sure people couldn't use flash they wouldn't have had to rush out a mini client which crashed at the drop of a hate. Hundreds or hours later the Mini Client was made more stable and players are able to play the game. Since the last update the client has crashed 3 times. I know people where it crashes every day, but you ask them why it crashes or what they are running at the same time and they do not reply. This mini client is so much better than the first version but hay what do I know I only tested every version.

As for remembering. I remember browser's crashing in CSSB, when 3v3 came out they crashed, I remember the slowdown of browsers to the point of crashing when you did anything, like raising equipment, formation levels, or let alone doing scouts. Unless you used a select few browser nothing wanted to work until you closed the browser and restarted the game. I think a Black Screen of death was something normal back then.

If the game goes down and effects everybody they pay out compo, but if it is in a set area and 90% of the people in other areas are not affected then that could be down to s server on route having a bottle neck, or has gone down due to attack, which happens a lot, or it could be something else totally. I have lost connection to the game, but the person I am talking to is still doing 3v3 and I just drop out of team. This does not mean the games company are responsible at all, it would be like blaming your Dentist because you had a car accident on the way to his office. If any part of the game server breaks, which is has for some players, then they fix the issue and compensate people, which they have done. Expecting them to pay out when it has nothing to do with the server is totally unreasonable. Please do a tracert the next time your kicked from the server.

Last edited by 16761828211; 05-28-2021, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X