X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to setup the Mini Client on Windows

This is how to setup the Mini Client on Windows

Make sure you download the correct version of the mini client from GameSamba's website. (STAD-Installer,exe)

Step 1 Click on Mini Client downloaded program (STAD-Installer,exe) and run the program. You should get a window similar to this

Click on Run
    step 1.jpg

Step 2, Once you have clicked on Run this window will appear. MAKE SURE you click on the tick box so a desktop shortcut is created (otherwise all you will do is reinstall the game over and over again).

Click on Next

step 2.jpg

Step 3, Click on install

step 3.jpg

Step 4, Make sure that you have the tick box ticked where it says "Launch Star Trek Alien Domain" it is important to have this ticked so the game starts up for the very first time.

Click on Finish.

step 4.jpg
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................

Step 5, Allow the installed game to update as shown below.

step 5.jpg

Once it has updated it will bring up two text boxes,saying "The new version is downloaded and the running program will be closed and updated"

Click on OK

It will then update the game showing a new window just like the one above.

A new window will appear with "Update Success!".

Click on OK

Step 6, If you have followed all of the above steps you will have this window below shown.

step 6.jpg

(Last step and the most important part)

Step 7, choosing the right login.

step 7.jpg

OK first of all, Left side text says "Click here is you log in directly through GS Website."

This is exactly what I mean below.

step 8.jpg

If you do not log in as directed above then you do not click on the left hand Facebook Icon. HOWEVER If you load up Facebook and play the game through Facebook directly (Gamesroom) or by clicking on STAD icon within Facebook itself you need to click on the right side icon, "Click here if you play directly through Facebook." This icon is the App icon for Facebook (do not mix up App with Web, they are spelt differently and you will not be able to play.)

This is a basic guide on how to setup the Mini Client. This is how I and many others have setup the Mini client and it does work 100% of the time for us, however if you are having problems Downloading the Mini Client, installing the Mini Client or following this easy guide please contact me directly, or one of the Super Moderator/Admin team on the forum for help you will receive the help you require.

Ways to get direct support on installing the game:-

Forum (make a post or reply to this post)
    Discord (PM me or any of the GH's/Admin that are in the STAD section (game) GH's are in Red text.

You will get an answer so please do not give up.

If you experience problems with the Mini Client once it is installed PLEASE use the Bug report post to report problems with the mini client.

Thank you and good gaming

The forum team.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 16761828211; 09-24-2020, 07:49 AM.

ok i have mini client d/l and installed and have a current game in progress on S3. I have a game on GS website using fb login on S3 and i play on 11 servers through fb. i tried the instructions above and when i attempt to login it wants me to create a new character instead of loading my current game. need help

Comment

Originally posted by 40868499441 View Post
      ok i have mini client d/l and installed and have a current game in progress on S3. I have a game on GS website using fb login on S3 and i play on 11 servers through fb. i tried the instructions above and when i attempt to login it wants me to create a new character instead of loading my current game. need help
      As there are two Facebook login's you need to use the correct login for how you play the game. If you play Via Facebook, Games room, then you need to click on F App, If you log in via a Web browser and login directly through GameSamba's home page, then you click on the other F web. Now you also have to be aware of the last part, where you are as it may log you into the European servers or the USA servers. When you look next time just see how many servers are available.

Comment

How do you log into two different servers? I have one account on Felton Prime and one on FB-13. I normally log in thru Facebook for each (thru separate FB accounts and on separate browsers) I havve logged onto one on the mini server, but I can't get to the other. Can you help?

Comment

This is a difficult one to answer because normally you would only be able to log into one, but here goes. What you could do is, Open 2 Mini Client's. Double click on the client to get one account up and loaded, but then double click on the mini client desk top icon and load up the second account. You should be able to log out of the account you were first in on the second new mini client.

Normally you would have used to different browsers to do the same thing wouldn't you? it should work the same way, or you could do the following.

Contact support and ask them to change one of your facebook accounts to a web account so you can log in via GS web site. This would then mean you would have two accounts but one being FB and the other a GS account, this would save you a lot of work.

Comment

pretty useless this mini cliente, not possible to use with a mobile device or Chrome book

Comment

Originally posted by belina View Post
              pretty useless this mini cliente, not possible to use with a mobile device or Chrome book
              Just because it does not work with a mobile device or Chromebook does not make it useless. It just means you are not able to use it since it was not developed for those platforms. With that said, maybe in the future there will be versions for mobile devices and Chromebooks.
              Last edited by 45914879307; 12-02-2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I don't see how there could be a mini-client for Chromebooks as you can't install anything to them. Android / iOS seems like it should be possible though.

Comment

Originally posted by belina View Post
                  As this game was originally designed to run in a Browser for a laptop and computer, and not an Android system, browsers were running with flash. As a company is pulling their flash system and removing it from peoples PC's without asking them in some cases. So for you to continue playing you will have to find a browser which has its own flash system, which will be available as some flash games will be still running.

Do not give up yet, somebody will create a browser flash which will work

Comment

I had mini working b4 but I did the update and now it won't work. I can login but once I choose the server I get a blank window

Comment

Originally posted by 53555509 View Post
                      I had mini working b4 but I did the update and now it won't work. I can login but once I choose the server I get a blank window
                      Just on your answer i know you are running windows 7.

This is work around until the new version is released.

Right click on desktop icon.
                      Click on Properties.
                      Click on the Compatibility tab
                      Click and put a tick in the Compatibility Mode box
                      From the drop down choose Vista SP2

This works and has been tested.

The new version will be out soon.

Comment

I have an issue trying to install the new mini client. error message: Error creating register key. kkey_classes_root\startrekaliendomain-en. regcreatekeyex fao;ed code 5. access denied
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by redneck_jedi View Post
                          I have an issue trying to install the new mini client. error message: Error creating register key. kkey_classes_root\startrekaliendomain-en. regcreatekeyex fao;ed code 5. access denied
                          Are you installing it to the main Admin account? Remember if you are installing you have to have Admin rights to install to a none Admin account on your PC

Comment

Originally posted by 16761828211 View Post

As there are two Facebook login's you need to use the correct login for how you play the game. If you play Via Facebook, Games room, then you need to click on F App, If you log in via a Web browser and login directly through GameSamba's home page, then you click on the other F web. Now you also have to be aware of the last part, where you are as it may log you into the European servers or the USA servers. When you look next time just see how many servers are available.
                            Originally posted by btcarl View Post
                            How do you log into two different servers? I have one account on Felton Prime and one on FB-13. I normally log in thru Facebook for each (thru separate FB accounts and on separate browsers) I havve logged onto one on the mini server, but I can't get to the other. Can you help?
                            same account but logging into two servers at same time is not even possible i think

however if you have 2 different accs and you can log and farm simultanously np.

Comment

Originally posted by shownwinne View Post

same account but logging into two servers at same time is not even possible i think

however if you have 2 different accs and you can log and farm simultanously np.
                              I have 300+ servers I can log into all at the same time, I have 3 accounts which can do the exact same thing. I do not farm of any of them and I play within the rules all the time. All 3 accounts load up from 3 different client programs. Heavy hitting PC so it can take the load.

Comment

Working...
                              X