This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Client for Mac...

Would someone be kind enough to walk me through the set up for the mini client on my Mac? I download the file and walk through the set up then it finishes. So is the game installed? Where do I go to play it? I've been playing on FB for the last 4 years but of course the flash there is going away. Thanks for any help.

OK if you click on the STAD Icon, on desk top it will load the Mini Client.
    Once it is loaded it should bring up a window which will ask you to sign in.
    at the bottom of the window it has F Web icon, G for Google, Y! for Yahoo, Twitter, and F App.

If you play via Facebook games room, or log info the game when on your Facebook page (the STAD game icon shown on your Facebook page) then you need to click on F App Icon
    If you go to GS website to login using your Facebook linked login, then you will need to use F Web. You would do the exact same if you log into the game via GS's website with all of the other icons as well, thats Google, Yahoo Twitter tabs

Once you have selected the correct icon for the way you log in look at the server language just to make sure you are logged into the correct server group.

If you need more help just post here which step you are stuck on.

Comment

First, thanks for your help! I'm feeling really dumb right now because I'm not sure if It's working properly. I log into the GS website using the "F" tab, I go to the server page and load my server. At that point I get the same message I get for normal play, which is that I need to download the latest Flash Player. I thought this was a path that allowed us to play without Flash? What am I missing? Thanks again!

Comment

You are supposed to open the miniclient, use the App Facebook tab, then go to your server, and load your server.
        Last edited by 45914879307; 09-20-2020, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 42931598629971 View Post
          First, thanks for your help! I'm feeling really dumb right now because I'm not sure if It's working properly. I log into the GS website using the "F" tab, I go to the server page and load my server. At that point I get the same message I get for normal play, which is that I need to download the latest Flash Player. I thought this was a path that allowed us to play without Flash? What am I missing? Thanks again!
          OK as you log in via GS website this is what you need to do.

1, Double click on Star Trek Alien Domain Icon on desk top.
          2, Once the mini client has loaded up it will say something like, update to new flash. Just click on OK you Yes, which ever shows up. It will update the Mini client.
          3, when you go to log in (as you log in via GS website) click on F Web (icon/button) this will allow you to choose the server you were on.
          4, log onto your server
          5, check to make sure it is the correct server.
          6, it is it enjoy playing.

If not come back here and we will try something else.

Comment

Originally posted by 45914879307 View Post
            You are supposed to open the miniclient, use the F Web tab, then go to your server, and load your server.
            How do I "Open" the miniclient? I see the "Download" MiniClient tab on the GS front page. I've downloaded it and ran through the quick set up. When I hit that all it does is run through the install again.

Originally posted by 16761828211 View Post

OK as you log in via GS website this is what you need to do.

1, Double click on Star Trek Alien Domain Icon on desk top.
            2, Once the mini client has loaded up it will say something like, update to new flash. Just click on OK you Yes, which ever shows up. It will update the Mini client.
            3, when you go to log in (as you log in via GS website) click on F Web (icon/button) this will allow you to choose the server you were on.
            4, log onto your server
            5, check to make sure it is the correct server.
            6, it is it enjoy playing.

If not come back here and we will try something else.
            I don't have any type of icon or anything on my desktop. The only MiniClient tab I seem to see anywhere is the "MiniClient Download" on the GS page.

Also, I get to the server screen on the GS website by using the "Game Start" button above the "Download MiniClient tabs". Hitting the start takes me to the server screen. Of course the servers on the GS site have different numbers than the FB servers. I'm assuming I just go by server name? On FB my server is "Xantoras". So I found "Xantoras" on the GS site and hit the tab. It asks me if I want to download flash, just like FB does, so I do. It then opens the Xantoras server but it takes me to a create a character screen instead of my 4 year old character. It also seems that I'm logged in the way you told me too using the "F" button next to the upper right "LOGIN". Do I have the wrong server? How do I get to my main charachter?

Again... Thanks for all the assistance!
            Last edited by 42931598629971; 09-18-2020, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Could you share a screenshot? I am really confused on what you do not understand.

Comment

How do I "Open" the miniclient? I see the "Download" MiniClient tab on the GS front page. I've downloaded it and ran through the quick set up. When I hit that all it does is run through the install again.

I don't have any type of icon or anything on my desktop. The only MiniClient tab I seem to see anywhere is the "MiniClient Download" on the GS page.

Also, I get to the server screen on the GS website by using the "Game Start" button above the "Download MiniClient tabs". Hitting the start takes me to the server screen. Of course the servers on the GS site have different numbers than the FB servers. I'm assuming I just go by server name? On FB my server is "Xantoras". So I found "Xantoras" on the GS site and hit the tab. It asks me if I want to download flash, just like FB does, so I do. It then opens the Xantoras server but it takes me to a create a character screen instead of my 4 year old character. It also seems that I'm logged in the way you told me too using the "F" button next to the upper right "LOGIN". Do I have the wrong server? How do I get to my main charachter?

Again... Thanks for all the assistance!
                OK the reason you are asked to create a new character is because you are logging into the wrong login.

What you will have to do is log in via the Facebook (App) icon when the mini client is up and running. Also, not sure how much you know about computers, when you downloaded the Mini Client did you get it to save the program to the desktop? (I hope you understand what i mean) then when the Mini Client is downloaded to your computer (on the desktop) and you run the program do you click on the tick box to create a short cut to desktop? (its on the first window shown when you start the installation of the program.)

If you have the Create a desktop shortcut ticked then a new icon will be displayed.

This is the correct way to set your Mini Client up
                Step 1 Click on Mini Client downloaded program (STAD-Installer,exe on windows) (StarTrek_en_v0903.pkg on Mac) and run the program. You should get a window similar to this

step 1.jpg
                Step 2, Once you have clicked on Run this window will appear. MAKE SURE you click on the tick box so a desktop shortcut is created otherwise all you will do is reinstall the game over and over again.

step 2.jpg

Step 3, Click on install

step 3.jpg

Step 4, Click on finish. There you go it is fully installed (Windows version, but I believe it should be the same steps for Mac.)

step 4.jpg

Step 5, Allow the installed game to update as shown below.

step 5.jpg

Once it has updated it will bring up two text boxes,saying "The new version is downloaded and the running program will be closed and updated" Click on OK
                It will then update the game showing a new window just like the one above (it may not if you are installing for the very first time)
                A new window will appear wit "Update Success!". Click on OK

Step 6, If you have followed all of the above steps you will have this window available to you

step 6.jpg

Last step and the most important part.

Step 7, choosing the right login.

step 7.jpg

OK first of all,
                Left side text says "Click here is you log in directly through GS Website."

This is exactly what I mean below.

step 8.jpg

If you do not log in as directed above then you do not click on the left hand Facebook Icon. HOWEVER If you load up Facebook and play the game through Facebook directly (Gamesroom) or by clicking on STAD icon within Facebook itself you need to click on the right side icon, "Click here if you play directly through Facebook." This icon is the App icon for Facebook (do not mix up App with Web, they are spelt differently and you will not be able to play.)

Now I would like to say this is not an idiots guide to the Mini Client and how to install it as everybody is different when it comes to knowledge of computers, and we all learn somewhere. I hope I have not offended anybody by putting this out there as I do not wish to offend anybody.

If there is any confusion after this fun work please let me know.

Either PM me directly or post here.

Comment

EUREKA!!!! Right before I saw your last detailed post I got it! (kinda). I was getting stuck on the desktop icon you mentioned. I finally found it. On a Mac it's not on the desktop but in our "Launch pad". Once I found it, then read your last detailed post, I was able to log in using the "App F" !!

Thank you both so much for your patience and help! It is greatly appreciated!! I swear, the older I get the more Tech-challenged I get.... :P
                  Last edited by 42931598629971; 09-20-2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

EUREKA!!!! Right before I saw your last detailed post I got it! (kinda). I was getting stuck on the desktop icon you mentioned. I finally found it. On a Mac it's not on the desktop but in our "Launch pad". Once I found it, then read your last detailed post, I was able to log in using the "App F" !!

Thank you both so much for your patience and help! It is greatly appreciated!! I swear, the older I get the more Tech-challenged I get.... :P
                    You are more than welcome

Comment

Glad it got resolved for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X