Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Left or right, which side you're on in 3v3 makes difference in chance of winning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left or right, which side you're on in 3v3 makes difference in chance of winning!

When you join a fight in 3v3, at the screen of showing two participating teams (before the actual fighting), you will notice that sometimes you're on left hand side, sometimes you're on right hand side. This depends on when you joined a fight; especially for the first ones to fight.

It seems players on the left hand side team is always favored in firing the first skill shot and, especially if you're on ai, chance to utilized infamous lvl80 exploit bug. I have tested with several players and confirmed. Simply on ai play fighting (that both side is on ai play mode), left hand side always fire the first skill shot (especially TA, for lvl 80 bug) and have a lot higher chance to lock opponent through lvl80 exploit bug. Even on manual fighting, I found that, if I'm on left hand side team, I am almost guaranteed to fire first skill shot; even when opponents are on ai play, I can manage to fire TA before ai often enough if I'm on left hand side team.

With, now, almost everyone is using ai play, if you add lag latency to the effect, you're almost guaranteed to win (sometimes even if your opponent is a lot stronger than you) if you find yourself on the left hand side team.

nah.. it has to do with skill priorities and configuration. (TA and RFT have highest priority and will always fire first and who gets it first, when both have it, appears random to me unless the opponent is beyond latent, which does happen)

It does matter how you configure and form your fleets but being left or right doesn't mean winners and loser..

I am unclear how the right / left thing happens. I AM ALWAYS on the left side of every fight in the UI. On the list I am not but I lose equally and win equally from both sides. I can tell you the first shot has more to do with how they are configured though and latency than anything else.

in 3v3 its based on whom is in the queue first as to the list near as i can tell but i haven't even proven that to myself.. it just seems to be that way to me.

Comment

I have several players, and including myself, if we show up at the left hand side team, we always fire the first skill shot (even if both sides are on ai and even if we're on lagging side) and we have a lot high chance to use lvl80 exploit (espeically for those on ai play). simply even if both sides are on ai, left hand side will fire first shot and locks the opponent through lvl80 exploit.

If we're on right hand side team, we can never fire the first skill shot unless both sides are manual. This is especially true for the first player of each team.

I have couple of players with compatible fleet strength who I love fighting in 3v3 and they're using ai. I found that whenever I'm on left side, I can win almost 90% time; while if I'm on right hand side I lose 90% time. That is why other players and me started paying attention on which side we are on and what benefits/impacts we get from it.

Comment

Here a video then

https://youtu.be/XnKEKempIoU?t=9m25s -- You will see CC fires first but we were on the right side.

There are lots of fights where what you say can be true but there are far too many factors (who is using titan vs rft vs overload vs pulse nova first on AI). Titan and rft always beat overload/pulse whatever.

I have no doubt these are potentially the results you see but if the game was setup to have the team on the left of the match team screen ALWAYS fire first then it would happen for everyone. It does not.

The win/loss thing is likely more a factor of the group you are in and if you are that evenly matched it could indeed make a difference. Obviously my main isn't going to show the same results but that is for a different reason. Not going into the "Exploit" aspect of conversation as even on AI the cool downs won't line up anymore. So I am not sure to exactly what you are referring, the buttons getting locked up on manual or the ability to lock another player out from theirs which is a different problem.

So please understand I am not refuting the fact that is what you see but I have hours of video (only provided the one example) where just being on that side doesn't mean you always fire first and that as far as I can deduce the position LEFT or RIGHT is more a factor of whom was in queue first (that is theory though). That is easily disproven by watching fights and recording them.. you will find while it may mostly happen to you that way it isn't a game guarantee

The other thing i would caution is if you are the lagged player (the one with latency) then it will always appear that way to you because you receive the updates slower than what you command on your screen as such its possible for you to see try to hit button but it doesn't fire and their skill hits you first (same with AI). It reports back to you.. Having tested this with Lashed before we took a video of the same fight from our computers and his view of the fight was totally different from mine even though the end result was the same. The fight looks totally different from his point of view (latency) with 5 skills firing at one time, energy that never seemed to disappear.. my view of the fight was much more "real time" and i saw each cast and attack. Periodically its reversed when my connection sucks.

Take it for whats its worth just my observations on the issue from both my MAIN fleet and my little piddly fleets .
        Last edited by tamlin77; 06-06-2017, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Was both side on AI and also can you try with player that have same TA? I see that the time your team was on right hand side, the opposite side had DS, not TA. All the players I have tested with have lvl80 TA same as mine.

Also, if I'm wrong, I'm glad to be wrong because quite a few players are getting frustrated by the effect; some simply don't bother anymore if they can't fire the first shot even on ai since whoever has the first shot (especially on ai) usually have high chance to lock (as in their ai can't fire) the other side through lvl80 exploit/bug.

On the other hand, your explanation on latency effect simply tells us fight in ai mode than manual; which is a trend nowadays anyway and sad direction for the game.

Comment

I will say that this has been pointed out to me recently and in a very limited sample size seems to hold true. Not the first shot, but the tendency to be the winner. I run an 850-950 million fleet usually in 3v3 and usually beat teams in the 3-4 billion range by myself. So until recently I had no reason or chance to even observe this. Recently however a few of these teams have passed me in ship upgrades mainly and the fights are more equal or even in their favor (actually a good thing in my mind, and congrats to those teams ). I also don't use AI, hence the perception that it isn't about the first shot, only tendency to win. If something is happening in this regard it isn't something that can overpower normal (real) strength discrepancies. On a very cursory glance passive skills and officer abilities seem more prone to activating on the left. That may extend to an ability to deliver the first skill as well. I believe this is largely perception however but I wouldn't be totally shocked if there was some pre-indication of probabilities in any given fight (similar to patterns you can discern from different pvp fights from watching the skill rotations employed). Even if it were true however set up is still king, and your team strategy, given opponents of relatively equal strengths.
            Last edited by glennsimpson; 06-06-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I have to agree with Hamsters observation. I've noticed it as well. I agree that it's possible due to (extreme) lag. Which is notably whorse the last few months. Dont know why tough. I tried diffrent connections, Wifi & wired on various places with different internet speeds, result is the same. AI or not AI, whoever is on the left in the loading screen has a 90% change of winning the match. I start paying attention at it just 2 weeks ago, so sample size is only 20 battles or so with even matched teams.

If someone has a tip about good video recording software i can try to record it.

Comment

Originally posted by 40302983712 View Post
                I have to agree with Hamsters observation. I've noticed it as well. I agree that it's possible due to (extreme) lag. Which is notably whorse the last few months. Dont know why tough. I tried diffrent connections, Wifi & wired on various places with different internet speeds, result is the same. AI or not AI, whoever is on the left in the loading screen has a 90% change of winning the match. I start paying attention at it just 2 weeks ago, so sample size is only 20 battles or so with even matched teams.

If someone has a tip about good video recording software i can try to record it.
                OBS Studio. Keep in mind your configuration too.. What skills you use and what should be expected based on your opponents skills.

Comment

Originally posted by hamster2016 View Post
                  Was both side on AI and also can you try with player that have same TA? I see that the time your team was on right hand side, the opposite side had DS, not TA. All the players I have tested with have lvl80 TA same as mine.

Also, if I'm wrong, I'm glad to be wrong because quite a few players are getting frustrated by the effect; some simply don't bother anymore if they can't fire the first shot even on ai since whoever has the first shot (especially on ai) usually have high chance to lock (as in their ai can't fire) the other side through lvl80 exploit/bug.

On the other hand, your explanation on latency effect simply tells us fight in ai mode than manual; which is a trend nowadays anyway and sad direction for the game.
                  I don't think its a matter of wrong or right but rather the point of view of various players. I think latent players will typically see other players fire first because of how the client works and those that are "faster" including in loading will see the other player fire first because they are on LOADING AI which is faster than loading then having AI ticked. (comparison is those who refresh during cssb to make the server fight completely with no updates required vs using the AI feature.

There is no real way to know but what I do is watch the JSON updates being sent back and forth in a flash debugger and I can see when they get out of sync.

I am just pointing out it cannot be a coded response because it doesn't occur every time, i am not saying that isn't what is happening based on player points of view but who knows.

I think your statement related to the LOCKUP or poor combat experience that was created after the March 7th patch is the true problem here and until they fix that aspect of combat and button pressing it will continue to be an issue. While nothing may be able to be done related to whom loads first or who wins because of the lock up issue, with 100% certainty they still need to address using skills and the prioritization of them related to the delay mechanic and spam detector modification.

If that was resolved all of our fights would have an entirely different perspective and would avoid much of this mess and is where my observation aligns with yours.. while i don't believe which side you are on inherently determines whom fires first based on what i see every day I do believe the one that knows what they are doing and fires first will have much better chances to win simply because of the skill lock mechanics.
                  Last edited by tamlin77; 06-06-2017, 05:06 PM.

Comment

It may not mean anything but, i checked this against the same player 5x today......3x he was on the left & twice i was on the left. When i started on the left i shot first, when he did he shot first so this could possibly be a bug.

Comment

Working...
                    X