Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptor V not adding +Energy to flagship

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 16761828211
    replied
    Originally posted by 751180526806 View Post
    I don't think it is even a translation problem. This is what a Google translate of the Japanese page says about the Raptor V:

    "No good + 30%. At the time of departure, the initial energy of the ally flagship +40, each time the spaceship receives a normal attack, it reflects 20% of the damage received, and there is a 40% chance that the durability will be reduced by 10% of the opponent's upper limit of durability (that much) Damage ignores the shield. Not valid for bosses). ; [★ 5 effect]: No good + 35%. At the time of departure, the initial energy of the ally flagship +50, every time the spaceship receives a normal attack, it reflects 30% of the damage received, and there is a 60% chance that the durability will be reduced by 10% of the opponent's upper limit of durability (that much) Damage ignores the shield. Not valid for bosses). Also, there is a 50% chance that your opponent will not be able to recover durability for 3 seconds."

    the initial energy of the ally flagship +40

    This isn't a translation issue. This is being bad at your own language issue. There is simply no reason to include the bit "of the ally flagship" in there. These are people who are just plain bad at communicating ideas. This is probably what is at the root of most of the problems with this game - the people making it cannot make themselves understood, to us or to themselves.
    You can see the issue with translations from one language to another. This translation doesn't even look the same as out translation. I mean, "At the time of departure" This is not the same, and if you take it from the other languages available in this game it will all differ.

    I do not write these descriptions or work for NGames, I just ask for descriptions to be worded better. But we have idiots which think I write the description instead of just interpreting then to how things are written in the past.

    Leave a comment:


  • 751180526806
    replied
    I don't think it is even a translation problem. This is what a Google translate of the Japanese page says about the Raptor V:

    "No good + 30%. At the time of departure, the initial energy of the ally flagship +40, each time the spaceship receives a normal attack, it reflects 20% of the damage received, and there is a 40% chance that the durability will be reduced by 10% of the opponent's upper limit of durability (that much) Damage ignores the shield. Not valid for bosses). ; [★ 5 effect]: No good + 35%. At the time of departure, the initial energy of the ally flagship +50, every time the spaceship receives a normal attack, it reflects 30% of the damage received, and there is a 60% chance that the durability will be reduced by 10% of the opponent's upper limit of durability (that much) Damage ignores the shield. Not valid for bosses). Also, there is a 50% chance that your opponent will not be able to recover durability for 3 seconds."

    the initial energy of the ally flagship +40

    This isn't a translation issue. This is being bad at your own language issue. There is simply no reason to include the bit "of the ally flagship" in there. These are people who are just plain bad at communicating ideas. This is probably what is at the root of most of the problems with this game - the people making it cannot make themselves understood, to us or to themselves.
    Last edited by 751180526806; 05-30-2021, 07:54 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • 46039747800
    replied
    Guessing you are the one who writes these ship descriptions then? Quit being defensive and submit the bug report. Chop chop. Your comprehension of game mechanics is best left to the people that have a clue.

    Leave a comment:


  • 16761828211
    replied
    Originally posted by 46039747800 View Post

    Mantis - You are making this worse trying to defend the translation. Looking at the ship and figuring out what it does... is exactly what I did. It does not work as described. There are so many bugs at the moment, how should we intuitively know that this one is intended?

    Fleets are 1 shot killed already. Exactly in the manner you are describing. Not like this would be introducing new behavior. It would mostly give us new options on which ships to use as Flag. Or, for instance - The Raptor may have been introducing even more +energy (while equipped as support ship) in anticipation of level 100.

    This is straight up false advertising on their part:

    "When entering the battlefield, ally flagship's initial energy increased by 40."

    The description is even using the ' character to imply that ownership of the energy is being given to the allied flagship. Not that the Raptor itself must be a flagship. The roles defined for ships, Flag vs. Support, are clearly defined elsewhere in the game. For example, the Captain passive ability 'Attack' which only works when equipped on a Support ship.
    The Translation to this ship is within a post on General chat. I do not need to explain anything more as we have seen how badly worded things are on other ships and then find out they do not work as described because they have translated it wrong. I do not blame them I just do not sit there spending hundreds of Dollars on a ship which will not do what people believe it does just to shout at the company when it does not do what people expected from a very poor translation. I am not defending poor quality translation, just telling people that you should watch the video of the ship, if your lucky to get it TEST it out first to see what it does before you rank it up to Rank 5 and then find out it does not work. I am lucky as I can test a ship, but if I agree with their translation and it is exactly how they tell me it works then posts complaining about bad translations mean nothing. I have explained this and asked people to test it themselves, if you just want to argue the go ahead, I will always state that its a poor translation and it says exactly what I expect.

    Leave a comment:


  • 46039747800
    replied
    Originally posted by 16761828211 View Post

    I was asked for a clear understanding of this ships interpretation in the General forum, which I did if you look. I was asked by a German forum member because the translation for them differs, as its translated from Chinese to English and also German, French, Spanish, and we cannot leave out Portuguese, for those in South America and Europe.

    So getting the same translation is very difficult.

    We know they have used terms which say "+XX to initial energy to flag" which really means +XX energy to this ship when its flag. Its not hard to work out but people with wishful thinking automatically assume this ship anywhere in the fleet will do exactly what you thought, +50 to flag. If it was true people will be 1 shot killed, well 2 shots as the first would be PN and the second a 95 torp, and boom. It would be like being an AI fighting a 80 Tril fleet. Its great if this was the flag because it kills off the Liberators -50 energy allowing people to use skills. So to me and others that read the text how it is, remembering people do read between the likes, you buy exactly what it says on the time, Beans with Orange stuff they say is tomortos based. Look at the ship and figure out exactly what it does, clearly if it only works as flag then its a flag only ship.
    Mantis - You are making this worse trying to defend the translation. Looking at the ship and figuring out what it does... is exactly what I did. It does not work as described. There are so many bugs at the moment, how should we intuitively know that this one is intended?

    Fleets are 1 shot killed already. Exactly in the manner you are describing. Not like this would be introducing new behavior. It would mostly give us new options on which ships to use as Flag. Or, for instance - The Raptor may have been introducing even more +energy (while equipped as support ship) in anticipation of level 100.

    This is straight up false advertising on their part:

    "When entering the battlefield, ally flagship's initial energy increased by 40."

    The description is even using the ' character to imply that ownership of the energy is being given to the allied flagship. Not that the Raptor itself must be a flagship. The roles defined for ships, Flag vs. Support, are clearly defined elsewhere in the game. For example, the Captain passive ability 'Attack' which only works when equipped on a Support ship.

    Leave a comment:


  • 751180526806
    replied
    Why not just say "+40 initial energy" and leave out the bit about the flag entirely? I don't think anyone looks at the passive from an officer or a 6-piece 5th anniversary set and assumes that the energy bonus will apply to a different ship.

    That is one thing that is so infuriating about the descriptions of stuff in this game, nothing is ever standardised. It looks like they get a different idiot to translate things each time.

    Leave a comment:


  • 16761828211
    replied
    Originally posted by 751180526806 View Post

    The wording is not "not that clear", it is flat-out wrong. If the skill is supposed to only be in effect when the Raptor is the flagship, they really ought to correct the wording. Again, get someone who actually speaks English to write these rather than relying on Google translate.
    I was asked for a clear understanding of this ships interpretation in the General forum, which I did if you look. I was asked by a German forum member because the translation for them differs, as its translated from Chinese to English and also German, French, Spanish, and we cannot leave out Portuguese, for those in South America and Europe.

    So getting the same translation is very difficult.

    We know they have used terms which say "+XX to initial energy to flag" which really means +XX energy to this ship when its flag. Its not hard to work out but people with wishful thinking automatically assume this ship anywhere in the fleet will do exactly what you thought, +50 to flag. If it was true people will be 1 shot killed, well 2 shots as the first would be PN and the second a 95 torp, and boom. It would be like being an AI fighting a 80 Tril fleet. Its great if this was the flag because it kills off the Liberators -50 energy allowing people to use skills. So to me and others that read the text how it is, remembering people do read between the likes, you buy exactly what it says on the time, Beans with Orange stuff they say is tomortos based. Look at the ship and figure out exactly what it does, clearly if it only works as flag then its a flag only ship.

    Leave a comment:


  • 751180526806
    replied
    Originally posted by 16761828211 View Post

    Raptor V has to be the flag for this to work. This has happened in the past when wording is not that clear.
    The wording is not "not that clear", it is flat-out wrong. If the skill is supposed to only be in effect when the Raptor is the flagship, they really ought to correct the wording. Again, get someone who actually speaks English to write these rather than relying on Google translate.

    Leave a comment:


  • 16761828211
    replied
    Originally posted by 46039747800 View Post
    From the Raptor V ship description:

    "When entering the battlefield, ally flagship's initial energy increased by 40."

    This does not occur. Or I translated it to mean, the Raptor would be a support ship, and add energy to the allied flagship...which it does not do.
    Raptor V has to be the flag for this to work. This has happened in the past when wording is not that clear. If your not getting the extra energy with it as flag come back and post a video, make sure the video no officer on the ship and no equipment. This will allow them to see the energy at the start of the battle. You can test this as well on Interstellar's with your whole fleet as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • applezhou
    replied
    Hi,
    If you take any video or screenshots when you meet that circumstance?

    Leave a comment:


  • 46039747800
    started a topic Raptor V not adding +Energy to flagship

    Raptor V not adding +Energy to flagship

    From the Raptor V ship description:

    "When entering the battlefield, ally flagship's initial energy increased by 40."

    This does not occur. Or I translated it to mean, the Raptor would be a support ship, and add energy to the allied flagship...which it does not do.
Working...
X