Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mini client process windows don't close properly. Version 2.0.0.36 in use. Accessed several instances and then closed all but 2. The closed servers still keep an active process despite being closed. Have take screen shot that shows 1 client running with 6 sub processes; but only 2 are active and connected.
    Opened server S1 vulcan, character Achari.
    Attached Files

Comment

Client fails to load after Jan 12. With the final failure of Flash Player so does the Mini Client. Today is 12 Jan in Australia and mini client no longer works. Only access to STAD was to set PC's clock to USA Pacific time. Have uninstalled Flash and Mini. Removed mini client files, downloaded 'lastest' client 2.0.0.0.36 and its still no game. So farewell fellow gamers.
      Client after Jan 12.png

Comment

Originally posted by 753760330492 View Post
        Client fails to load after Jan 12. With the final failure of Flash Player so does the Mini Client. Today is 12 Jan in Australia and mini client no longer works. Only access to STAD was to set PC's clock to USA Pacific time. Have uninstalled Flash and Mini. Removed mini client files, downloaded 'lastest' client 2.0.0.0.36 and its still no game. So farewell fellow gamers.
        Client after Jan 12.png
        Please try this version The link is within this post.

https://forums.gamesamba.com/star-tr...or-downloading

Comment

have downloaded and re-installed 2.0.0.36. Ckient Fails to load with pc's clock set to correct time zone. The Mini Client does NOT work after 12 Jan. Sorry as a 'prolific' user of this game looks like i'm gone,

Comment

ok went back to 2.0.0.28 and it looks to be working now.

Comment

this solution does NOT work for Mac users, is there a solution for us too, or just pc users. if so, guess I am gone as well.

Comment

Second day of no dice for Mac users... I cannot believe they don't even give us an ETA... seriously, it has been known for YEARS that Adobe would discontinue Flash... how can this come as a surprise for Gamesamba? Everyone else have long ago ported to HTML 5!

Comment

Originally posted by hobzon View Post
                  Second day of no dice for Mac users... I cannot believe they don't even give us an ETA... seriously, it has been known for YEARS that Adobe would discontinue Flash... how can this come as a surprise for Gamesamba? Everyone else have long ago ported to HTML 5!
                  From the information which I have been given they are working hard to resolve this issue. As I believe there is a work around which should give you access to the game itself.

Change the Data on your clock so it is the same date but with last years Year, 2020. This will, should, tell Adobe that you still have time left before it auto blocks. This should allow you to play the game until there is an update for you and other Mac users.

Please try this and let me know if it works for you. Remember to prevent your Computer from auto updating the time clock otherwise its pointless.

Comment

I am using my computer for a variety of different tasks, including some that are time reliant. I cannot simply change the clock without it having ramifications for other applications. Even IF this would actually work, it is not a viable workaround for me, not even for a short while, and especially when I have no idea how long it takes before we have a working client.

The fact that Gamesamba hasn't prepared a HTML5 or different solution for an issue they have KNOWN to be forthcoming for a LONG time is worrysome to say the least. If they produce a workaround within a few days, it for sure will not be a viable solution for the long term. To get there would require HTML 5 or a comlete application development, and the fact that they have not even prepared for this, makes me wonder if they ever will.

Comment

This is getting rediculous. THREE days now without ANY access to the game. Nothing abut en ETA, nothing... just "We're working to fix it", an issue you SHOULD have been prepared for. Over the years - from time to time - I have actually spend real money and time in this game, and there is NO acknowledgement or indication that you have a specific ETA on an updated client.

Shamefull to say the least

Comment

Mac User here. I still can't log in from the Mini Client. I am not going to change my clock. Is there an ETA on a solution for this problem?

Comment

when i uninstalled mini client fully vetted the software and reboot the computer then downloaded installer for windows from gamesamba i haven 't crashed since. and i have 3 windows open of mini client .... hopefully this might help

ps... one feature should be included in mini client is the zoom factor...

Comment

I am using my computer for a variety of different tasks, including some that are time reliant. I cannot simply change the clock without it having ramifications for other applications. Even IF this would actually work, it is not a viable workaround for me, not even for a short while, and especially when I have no idea how long it takes before we have a working client.

The fact that Gamesamba hasn't prepared a HTML5 or different solution for an issue they have KNOWN to be forthcoming for a LONG time is worrysome to say the least. If they produce a workaround within a few days, it for sure will not be a viable solution for the long term. To get there would require HTML 5 or a comlete application development, and the fact that they have not even prepared for this, makes me wonder if they ever will.​​​​​
                            There is a HTML 5 version of STAD, its called Incursion. If you wish to play that the go ahead, complaining about this isnt going to make any difference to the outcome

This is getting rediculous. THREE days now without ANY access to the game. Nothing abut en ETA, nothing... just "We're working to fix it", an issue you SHOULD have been prepared for. Over the years - from time to time - I have actually spend real money and time in this game, and there is NO acknowledgement or indication that you have a specific ETA on an updated client.

Shamefull to say the least
                            The only Shameful aspect of this is your unwillingness to try Puffin or a browser which works with flash still. You complain and yes you have forgotten about the 6 mini clients which have come and gone since it was made, and now after Adobe blocked flash on your computer without your permission, so if you want to attack a company attack adobe for its practices and, what some would see as criminal behaviour, for removing content from peoples computers without permission to remove/block that content.

Originally posted by 01233034 View Post
                            Mac User here. I still can't log in from the Mini Client. I am not going to change my clock. Is there an ETA on a solution for this problem?
                            There is a New Mac download available please read Galaxy News.
                            Last edited by 16761828211; Yesterday, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 9.47.53 PM.png I downloaded the new mini-client for Mac. Now, when I attempt to enter the game, it says, "Couldn't Load Plugin."

Comment

Working...
                              X