Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've downloaded now the previous versions 2.0.0.27.... and that one works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by 58336740 View Post
      I've downloaded now the previous versions 2.0.0.27.... and that one works perfectly.
      Where do you find the previous versions?

Comment

A new Version of the Mini Client will be out very soon, I am hoping for it to be available within next 24 hours.

It works perfectly in Windows 7, so it should work.
        I have all copies of the clients made available, but I really do not understand why your pc isnt being recognised as a win32 app

Comment

Originally posted by 16761828211 View Post
          A new Version of the Mini Client will be out very soon, I am hoping for it to be available within next 24 hours.

It works perfectly in Windows 7, so it should work.
          I have all copies of the clients made available, but I really do not understand why your pc isnt being recognised as a win32 app
          Cool, I'll wait and try it, and I don't know either bro, this thing is just stubborn and picky at times,, I even tried replacing the KERNEL32.dll with a new one to see if maybe it was corrupted, and about broke it lol, luckily it was able to repair itself

Comment

BTW, you should check this site out,, maybe GS could make contact and do some collaborating https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/

Comment

Originally posted by cruisectrl View Post
              BTW, you should check this site out,, maybe GS could make contact and do some collaborating https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/
              I cannot ask them to look into it but if they read your post I am sure they would check it out. As your Link is not SPAM I am happy to leave it here unless Staff wish it removed.

When you tried to install the game, did you try putting it in Comparability mode? Admin, or just run it through?

If you are still having problems PM me and we will see what we can do, but I hope the new version will be ready by tomorrow

Comment

Where do you find the previous versions?
                if you look at the news under starttrek.gamesamba.com....On page 4.... post 28th august.... (goodbye flash, hello mini client).... therein you'll find the link to previous version.

Comment

I cannot ask them to look into it but if they read your post I am sure they would check it out. As your Link is not SPAM I am happy to leave it here unless Staff wish it removed.

When you tried to install the game, did you try putting it in Comparability mode? Admin, or just run it through?

If you are still having problems PM me and we will see what we can do, but I hope the new version will be ready by tomorrow
                  That's cool, and, no I'm not trying to spam or promote anyone, I just happened across the site in my search to find a way to keep playing STAD after 12/31 and keep my vista,, also, yes I installed as admin and tried all the compatibility modes,, I started playing STAD on s7 on this machine when it was still in beta, and when the mini client 1st came out, I downloaded and played thru it,, so that's why I was asking if there was a link to all previous versions,, to see if I could find one that works,,

Comment

That's cool, and, no I'm not trying to spam or promote anyone, I just happened across the site in my search to find a way to keep playing STAD after 12/31 and keep my vista,, also, yes I installed as admin and tried all the compatibility modes,, I started playing STAD on s7 on this machine when it was still in beta, and when the mini client 1st came out, I downloaded and played thru it,, so that's why I was asking if there was a link to all previous versions,, to see if I could find one that works,,
                    Do not miss understand me, I was not meaning that you were spamming, just making sure it does not get flagged as spam.

I was here from beta and started on S1 then moved to another sever. As for the old files you may find that you would download the same files which you are downloading right now.
                    It could be an idea to wait for a new version to pop up, which will not be long.

If you give me your e-mail address privately I will e-mail you the full files you require which you can then just link a desktop icon to it, I mean create a desktop icon. This could work for you and all you will need is a .Zip program to unzip it. I use 7z nut you can use any.

If I send you the file direct PLEASE scan the files first before you open the zip folder, or any file you download from the internet. I say that to cover myself, you and remind people that if you do not know or trust the source you should always make sure there clean files first.

Comment

Do not miss understand me, I was not meaning that you were spamming, just making sure it does not get flagged as spam.

I was here from beta and started on S1 then moved to another sever. As for the old files you may find that you would download the same files which you are downloading right now.
                      It could be an idea to wait for a new version to pop up, which will not be long.

If you give me your e-mail address privately I will e-mail you the full files you require which you can then just link a desktop icon to it, I mean create a desktop icon. This could work for you and all you will need is a .Zip program to unzip it. I use 7z nut you can use any.

If I send you the file direct PLEASE scan the files first before you open the zip folder, or any file you download from the internet. I say that to cover myself, you and remind people that if you do not know or trust the source you should always make sure there clean files first.
                      So we are both lifers on STAD lol, cool Yeah I took a few years off from playing and just started back not to long ago,, I'll give you my email, and I'm always careful when it comes to downloads, learned my lessons the hard way,,,

Comment

I got a crash during 3v3 on the latest miniclient, the one released today (2.0.0.35). Black screen same as the bad old version. Windows Event error report below. Happened at about 12:43 server time. S215.

Faulting application name: MClient.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xd405b675
                        Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 3.3239.1723.0, time stamp: 0x5a68516b
                        Exception code: 0x4000001f
                        Fault offset: 0x01355b0e
                        Faulting process id: 0x3c14
                        Faulting application start time: 0x01d6de1c874f19d1
                        Faulting application path: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Star Trek Alien Domain\app\MClient.exe
                        Faulting module path: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Star Trek Alien Domain\app\fx\x86\libcef.dll
                        Report Id: 678b1ffd-5760-4151-a643-f510ea19d89d
                        Faulting package full name:
                        Faulting package-relative application ID:

Comment

Originally posted by 751180526806 View Post
                          I got a crash during 3v3 on the latest miniclient, the one released today (2.0.0.35). Black screen same as the bad old version. Windows Event error report below. Happened at about 12:43 server time. S215.

Faulting application name: MClient.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0xd405b675
                          Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 3.3239.1723.0, time stamp: 0x5a68516b
                          Exception code: 0x4000001f
                          Fault offset: 0x01355b0e
                          Faulting process id: 0x3c14
                          Faulting application start time: 0x01d6de1c874f19d1
                          Faulting application path: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Star Trek Alien Domain\app\MClient.exe
                          Faulting module path: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Star Trek Alien Domain\app\fx\x86\libcef.dll
                          Report Id: 678b1ffd-5760-4151-a643-f510ea19d89d
                          Faulting package full name:
                          Faulting package-relative application ID:
                          Did you uninstall the previous mini client and then install the update to the newest generation of the mini client? Don't forget to delete the app folder and also delete the folder you put the miniclient in and then try reinstalling the newest version. Also, are you on Windows 7?
                          Last edited by 45914879307; 12-29-2020, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 45914879307 View Post

Did you uninstall the previous mini client and then install the update to the newest generation of the mini client? Don't forget to delete the app folder and also delete the folder you put the miniclient in and then try reinstalling the newest version. Also, are you on Windows 7?
                            This is very important information Which I am glad has been provided.

You cannot just download the new client and then allow it to reinstall over old files. We all know that big block buster games, which people download, end up being patched due to bugs. then days later the game is them fully downloadable once again with the Patch cleanly added. They know just like many others that patching over old files can cause big problems. Hell we only have to look at this game and people thinking that clearing cache fixes everything. Uninstalling then deleting the file that's in Program files (x86) will make sure it is cleared. Then install the new version.

This is the second crash from this client V2.0.0.28 - 35. I am not expecting it to be the last, but thats so much better than a crash every other fight.

Comment

No, I didn't.

If an action is *necessary*, shouldn't the installer do this automatically? Pretty sure installer programs capable of this are available.

Comment

Originally posted by 751180526806 View Post
                                No, I didn't.

If an action is *necessary*, shouldn't the installer do this automatically? Pretty sure installer programs capable of this are available.
                                Actually no they do not. If you install a great game and then after a while you uninstall it does it leave files or folders on your computer, answer is yes. When reinstalling the game will it over write these folders, no not always as some data is kept on your PC for a reason.
                                With this Mini Client it does not delete everything and does not over right everything. We just have to look at how the browser game works, clearing cache never fixed the errors in the game, you have to use Private window, (Incognito) to actually clear all the games data and install a 100% fresh game on your browser. and amazingly the problems were fixed.

For this reason he was right to ask you these questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X