This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Client Bug Reporting Post.

This post is for people who are having problems with the Mini Client itself.

If you are reporting Black screen when playing This post is for you. When you post please provide the following details.
    Time of crash.
    Server you are on.
    What you were doing when it crashed PvP or PvE.
    Character name

Please give as much details as possible but also pleas be aware that ANY kind of abuse towards staff or the companies involved with the game will not be tolerated. This is the first and only warning. Information will help more than abuse so choose your words correctly.

I will remove posts which abuse other forum members, staff or moderators. To help everybody it is better to use sugar to sweeten the coffee and vinegar.

Edit (it doesn't matter how many times you crash in 3v3 or Cssb please report what happened if you can)
    Last edited by 16761828211; 09-24-2020, 08:20 AM.

3v3 I can only play for 15 to 20 minutes then the window screen goes black. I have to completely log out and restart the client. If I do not log out I lose my team.

Comment

3v3 black screen after 13 turns, S1 7:54:55 09/26/2020 character Achari.
      Attached Files

Comment

Please remember details guys.

Time of crash.
        Server you are on.
        What you were doing when it crashed PvP or PvE.
        Character name

Just saying it crashed will not help them try and figure out what happened.

Thank you
        Mod team

Comment

3v3 on solo/AI black screen after 6 turns
          server S1 Vulcan
          07:28:02 09/27/2020
          character Ackari mini_crash_2.JPG

Comment

black screen after 9 attempts 3v3 solo on AI
            server S1 Vulcan
            07:32:28 09/29/2020
            character Ackari
            mini_crash_3.JPG
            am i only fleet with an issue or only 1 reporting?

Comment

Black Screen in 3V3
              Server FB 15
              Character Paaklock
              This only happens with my Account I login using the Facebook App Login option. It happens every time I 3V3 or CSSB. But Only on the account logging in based on the Facebook App. The Mini-Client is forgetting I logged in. If I refresh from the black screen it wants me to login again. If I go to the login screen it still looks like I am logged in, but then it pops up with a black screen and asks me to login again. I have to click logout, then login again.
              Error1.png Error5.png Error4.png
              Attached Files

Comment

Black Screen in 3V3
                Server FB 15
                Character Paaklock
                07:29am 30 September 2020
                Same situation. 3V3, Facebook App account. acting like I am suddenly no longer logged in to mini-client. during first attach in 3V3.
                Odd, almost Same time as yesterday.
                Error7.png

Comment

Thank you guys, this will all help.

I know you guys are doing fantastic with description, if people can record 3v3 and capture the crash as well it could help even more.

This is not a witch hunt to see who crashes your game, its just to show that it is crashing on a large scale.

Comment

What would you like it recorded with? Video or data stream? If Data, I would need recommendations on what to use.

Black Screen in 3V3
                    Server FB 15
                    Character Paaklock
                    12:31pm 30 September 2020 - 3V3
                    06:43am 02 October 2020 - Just moving between Sectors while in fluidic Sector 14.

error8.png

Comment

Black Screen in 3V3
                      Server FB 15
                      Character Paaklock
                      02 October 2020 7:00am 3V3 3 total crashes.

3 Crashes recorded. uploaded to Vimeo.
                      https://vimeo.com/user104777085/revi...993/9efc1e8d89

Comment

I use OBS to make the recordings and post it on YouTube

Comment

server S1 Vulcan
                          character Ackari
                          after 3x sessions of crashes tried a few things:
                          1) ran mini-client from a more 'capable' PC, 16G i7. First session did all turns no crash. Repeat following night, crashed after 6 attempts.
                          2) re-read Mantis' request for video recording. Used Win10's Xbox recorder to turn recording on and off during each turn. With recorder running my first PC, that crashed 3x, now did 3x nights of 15 attempts without a crash.
                          Thinking about the difference and although not a successful test to capture a crash it indicates that maybe Xbox recording hooks into the video output somehow and altered the client's activities.

Comment

Time of crash: 3:29 PM EST, 12:29 server time
                            Server you are on. F56- Juhraya
                            What you were doing when it crashed PvP or PvE: 3v3, PvP when I got a black screen
                            Character name: Jack Hunter

Sorry for the quality of the video but during the fight between two players at 12:29 PM server time at the 23:23 mark, the micro-client crashes and it actually turns black. The other parts that show black is because OBS was not recording properly that part as well as I am an amateur when it comes to these things.

P.S. Trying to attach the video and I get stuck in a Working... loop of doom, so it does not want to upload so the description is the only thing I can do right now. Those in charge of the STAD forums need to fix that. Now, just tried to attach link and am getting invalid file.

Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY6K...ature=youtu.be Hopefully it works.
                            Last edited by 45914879307; 10-08-2020, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 45914879307 View Post
                              Time of crash: 3:29 PM EST, 12:29 server time
                              Server you are on. F56- Juhraya
                              What you were doing when it crashed PvP or PvE: 3v3, PvP when I got a black screen
                              Character name: Jack Hunter

Sorry for the quality of the video but during the fight between two players at 12:29 PM server time at the 23:23 mark, the micro-client crashes and it actually turns black. The other parts that show black is because OBS was not recording properly that part as well as I am an amateur when it comes to these things.

P.S. Trying to attach the video and I get stuck in a Working... loop of doom, so it does not want to upload so the description is the only thing I can do right now. Those in charge of the STAD forums need to fix that.
                              Upload to YouTube, will mean making an account. I use OBS myself and it will record in 4k as well as lower screen sizes. As long as it is clear and minimal lag/latency it will show what ships are being used, shuttles and, hopefully, skills.

I have not been in 3v3 or CSSB yet, making sure people have points first.

Comment

Working...
                              X