No announcement yet.

3v3 left side buff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not brush players off, or not listen to what they are saying. I have sat there for hours having the same argument as you have had with me in this post to a game designer and tester for this actual game. After well over 20 hours of argument, rebuttals, counter rebuttals, shouting matches and all that goes with a debate which can affect a lot of players no matter their fleet size I was given a definitive answer, which was there is no buff or advantage. I had Tamlin77 look into this because it, according to some, was affecting their game. It was challenged in the STAD discussion area (which was specially set out to get feedback, information, bugs tested, and yes game play issues looked at.) We had more than one conversation about this, so it isn't something I have just dismissed, I was stating there was an issue, but the evidence provided proved there just was no buff or advantage to being on the left side. Well except that the person with the fastest ping (lowest ping) mostly, 99% of the time, ended up on the left side, and thus if not in AI mode would fire skills first as all of the battle takes place on the server.

Yes I have played for too long and know how this game is affected by lag and latency. I have seen fleets I could not beat lose to me just because I was on the left and in AI. But I have also walked through these same fleets when I am in AI mode and on the right. I am not a mega player, I am not a coiner, I am just a player that uses the right officers on the right ships, but I can be killed by people who are on the right, one player comes to mind and he can take my fleet out within 2 seconds, and thats just down to his setup, and he is smaller than me, but in Arena and SB I beat him. So would he be getting a right side buff just so he beats me?

There are bugs in this game that make it so players look as though they have shields and are invincible, there are bugs which allow players to outright cheat, and there are bugs which make me laugh because they are still in the game after 4 years. This left side thing is nothing tbh, but I do have an open mind, and I do listen to people, but you have to understand when an expert, a game designer/programmer and others within the company tell you there is no buff or advantage you listen. I would take the voice of real experience over "the voice of a mad man" as he was named. I'm not brushing you off or anybody on here, but if somebody kept telling you the earth was flat would you believe them? Just remember a few hundred years ago people actually thought that.
    Last edited by 16761828211; 09-22-2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

wow what a very strange coincidence then , we play a team ...we get the left side, we beat that team with remarkable ease, we play the same team, they get the left,side they beat us with remarkable ease. now i would be willing to call this a coincidence...fluke...or maybe luck ( or even a ping-latency issue ) IF it happened this way once i a blue moon... but it doesn't...it happens every single time. there is no question as to a left side buff, it exists the question is why are we lied to about it and can we get it removed?

Comment

Originally posted by 70850404431 View Post
        Whats the point, might as well talk to a brick wall. I don't have the skills or knowledge to do screen shots etc etc. It is obvious you are not going to listen to very experienced players.

I will give you an example.

So 1 team of 3, me up front v a team of 3 with 2 that i cannot beat in arena or cssb. When on right side i die in seconds on left side i kill all 3 without losing a ship. This does not happen just once, it happens all the time. Nearly every time.

Maybe you should question your information that you received rather than the players that live with it day after day.
        i too am a very VERY experienced player Lash, been on your server for a few years but started way back when that server was not even a thought, but yeah i am no troll i dont wish to make this uncomfortable for you , but let me educate you on this...COPY AND PASTE IS NOT EDIT, COPY AND PASTE WAS YOUR EXACT WORDS WRITTEN BY YOU. you seem to create an argument with me every single time i comment on SOMEONE ELSES ( yes someone elses means not yours) post. you can sugar coat this anyway you want to suit your personal need to manipulate and control , but all the words are in the previous posts. i have been very respectful to you, but you can not accept beinbg wrong or being told you are wrong. thats fine i can handle it , i rarely come here to these formus because of you, you make it a childish conversation about adult gaming issues. see you after my ban.

Comment

32681533901004 thank you for your enlightened input. I like what you have said and will take note in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by 16761828211 View Post
            32681533901004 thank you for your enlightened input. I like what you have said and will take note in the future.
            thank you too for the decent ending to this discussing it is an improvement in our communicating skills there is hope for us :}}

Comment

with respect i would like to suggest " someone" provide proof that there is no left side buff...not hear say , not someone else's false Data, but real solid unedited video proof.

Comment

Originally posted by 32681533901004 View Post
                with respect i would like to suggest " someone" provide proof that there is no left side buff...not hear say , not someone else's false Data, but real solid unedited video proof.

I have put this forward myself in this thread about providing evidence that there is a buff, not hearsay or what people think.

This is a nice little post which was made when people started off this left side rubbish, I hope you read everything Tamlin77 says as he is the true expert on this game, if he was here today he would have replied and given the same answers as he did back then. There is also a video of a fight taking place, which shows there is no advantage.

https://forums.gamesamba.com/star-tr...nce-of-winning

If you dismiss this then I suggest you provide evidence which clearly shows what you are saying is true so I can take it to staff and get their reply. Until then I have to stand by what Tamlin77 states in this thread.

Comment

sounds fair i will make 2 videos, one with me and my team on the left and another with me and my team on the right...the videos will be of the two teams being same 2 teams battling. until i have made the 2 videos i will not respond further

Comment

Thanks all for your responses. i was having similar questions and your answers were helpful to me.

Comment

I believe there is a left side advantage. like some players have said. when on the left I easily kill players, but when on the right I barely scratch them. Maybe the bug doesn't affect AI's. but, whatever don't really care. lol.

Comment

Left side advantage is a long standing joke tbh. A boost for the left side doesn't exist, it's all down to latency and ping times how fleets perform in battles, along with how well you manage to lock the other players with skills and/or shuttles.

I've had some of by best battles with being on the right side, and by that I mean beating players I should barely even be able to scratch and who'd normally plow through my entire team. I always run on AI in vs, unless I temporarily turn off skills to charge up energy on a smaller player or reserve fleet to throw the kitchen sink on a larger player behind (or just let smaller players get more DKP against me)

Comment

When npc are fighting look at the damage they do to each other, left does more than the right side.

Comment

I played this game since 3 years now and there is absolutely no left side bug. XD

Comment

Originally posted by 56791538 View Post
                              I played this game since 3 years now and there is absolutely no left side bug. XD
                              Don't say that too loud, they'll put their fingers in their ears

Comment

Working...
                              X