No announcement yet.

Jan 10, 2018 Downtime

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it on purpose that 3v3 is not working? No one from our server has it either. I understand if they put it on hold D/T other players not being able to play it earlier. Just wondering if it is an error or on purpose? Lilliyan I am hoping for compensation. The entire day of rewards has been cut dramatically.

Comment

Would be really nice if for once we actually got an explanation of what the heck happened to cause all this Hell but that is too much to ask or hope for.

Comment

I quit the game more than two years ago and came back on s297 and although there have been some nice changes I see that same old crap still happens, with the latest problem a FULL days worth of activity has been lost and the 3rd SB of the day is still not working. I guess the compensation will still be as shyte as it was when I last played... not sure if I want to continue and yes I'm a coiner.

Comment

I'm very disappointed that they allowed any vs to be done yesterday. This was a totally unfair move to those who were unable to do any due to yesterday's down time. I think rank should be put back to what everyone was after Tuesdays vs.

Comment

SB still not working on s296 and s299. I expect full compensation for not being able to do regular task bcs of bug. So my suggestion is: 60 General badges (sb), 500 deut (unable to collect res), 200k crystals and 15 bp set debris (teams), all items from daily score, all items for doing 5 interstellar voyage, 100 credits (sign in)... this is minimum to give because we were unable to play

Comment

Don't forget the honour coins from 3vs3, officer badges, squad medals, battle blueprints (voyage) spar crystals (endless trials), chip frags (trials), and so frorth.
              And thats just from missing the daily tasks. Thats NOT for the trouble of not able to play the game, and not getting any info about it.

Comment

No Compensation??

Comment

still no sb on s300

Comment

Originally posted by 94955233 View Post
                    FAO Lilyan:
                    1) Downtime far too long with no messages although it seems to be a confluence of unfortunate circumstances - but this is what always happens so I don't think you can blame us for being a little sceptical
                    2) I tried all day to send a ticket to Support - the message just refused to send - no error just would not go
                    3) In relation to missing a Full day's play I calculate I am missing
                    30 coins from 3v3
                    at least 15 badges and 15 boxes from Boss per the 2 missed events
                    Untold lost Crystal because resources filled up and could not be unloaded

I could go on but I am trying to show that what has been lost is far in excess of any kind of compensation usually given
                    It is extremely difficult to get frags for equipment anyhow so those 3v3 coins particularly are vital

I have attempted to be logical and reasonable with this complaint - i hope it will be treated in that manner

Thank you

1. I agree, it does happen more often than not, I would disagree that it happens to this extent though. I know it can sometimes take a few hours but this time took much longer than usual. I do not at all blame anyone so not sure what that comment is referring to.

2. This is complicated, there is no error but it refused to send. I know it sounds silly that you may have to in more detail explain this but we would need more information on what happens. Does the submit button not show up? Does the submit button not allow you to click it? Does the submit button click but nothing at all happens? Does the submit button click and go into a loading but never load? What browser are you using? Did you try any other browsers? Did you try any other accounts? -- The reason there are so many questions is because when we try it, it works. We need to search to reproduce the issue you are experiencing so we can properly find the issue and resolve it.

3. Maggie will be handling compensation as soon as possible if she has not already. I will discuss this with her so thank you for providing your personal calculations.

Comment

Hi Lillian,
                      I don't understand why it is so hard to talk to us.
                      Many good people rely heavily on this game for outside contact.
                      Your "mea culpa" was appreciated but really did not address what we all need to hear.
                      And just saying "As soon as we have more information I will keep this thread updated." is not communication it is a fob off.

At a minimum I think we would all like to, and have a right to, know for each of these issues we get,
                      1. why they occurred?
                      2. what is the expected timeline for repairs? - with regular (hrly at least) updates as needed.
                      3. is compensation to be given globally and if so a timeline for when that will be determined?
                      Again, notify us of the amended timeline if it is changed
                      4. If compensation is to be given globally then how was it determined?

I don't understand why that is so hard to keep us informed.
                      Telling us this would mean that although we may not like what you are saying at least we will know where we stand.
                      You admit you stuffed up but compound the problem because you supply answers that leave us basically no further informed that before your answer.
                      We are just left in the dark with no idea when it will be fixed - no idea if there will be compensation or when and basically feeling used and abused.
                      With communication you have the opportunity to treat us the players with respect and my guess that would mean you and your team would be subjected to considerably less anger and abuse.

You have all our email addresses so why not bulk email us so even those who don't come here are also kept informed.

Just to let you know, I appreciate the game and in the most part (except this recent event) feel ok, not great but ok, about things.
                      This current event and the lack of real communication presented us all with a perception of a support team who really really didn't care and who are not interested in us at all.
                      This is evidenced by the anger here, on chats and on other forums. I really hope that it is due to poor communication, something easily fixed and is not due to hubris.

Comment

Originally posted by 94955233 View Post
                        FAO Lilyan:
                        1) Downtime far too long with no messages although it seems to be a confluence of unfortunate circumstances - but this is what always happens so I don't think you can blame us for being a little sceptical

Originally posted by lilliyan View Post

1. I agree, it does happen more often than not, I would disagree that it happens to this extent though. I know it can sometimes take a few hours but this time took much longer than usual. I do not at all blame anyone so not sure what that comment is referring to.
                        I think you misinterpret the statement. It's not about servers being longer down from maintenance (again), it's about the lack of communication about it.
                        This time you had a logical explanation about it:

Unfortunately, my community team had an assignment to get completed this week at all cost which led them to not pay attention here. As this was happening, ngames teams (including Maggie and apple who are normally on top of this stuff right as it happens) are out of office this week. I personally was in high level meetings all morning and made the mistake of not checking my messages before stepping into the conference room.

All those things combined, created a chaos that all of you had to endure. For this I apologize. Now that I know the Ngames team is out of office, my community team is shifted and paying attention here.

Not the best answer but it is what happened and I hope we are forgiven for this.

As for the 3v3 error, that message happens in our test servers when it's disconnected from the 3v3 servers. I will have the devs take a look at it. Thanks for the information on that issue.
                        But in my openion it's strange that "unfortunate circumstances" regular happen when there is something wrong with the servers.
                        How hard is it to align the schedules between dev's and your department? A breef post: Something went wrong, downtime is longer, working on it, more info when it becomes available. Doens't seem to be that difficult to me. Afther an hour, maybe 2, the devs probably have some sort of idea what went wrong and how long it wil take to fix it. So communicate it.

Not able to play is an inconvenience, not hearing anything about it is anoying.
                        And this seems like a trend unfortunately...

Comment

2. This is complicated, there is no error but it refused to send. I know it sounds silly that you may have to in more detail explain this but we would need more information on what happens. Does the submit button not show up? Does the submit button not allow you to click it? Does the submit button click but nothing at all happens? Does the submit button click and go into a loading but never load? What browser are you using? Did you try any other browsers? Did you try any other accounts? -- The reason there are so many questions is because when we try it, it works. We need to search to reproduce the issue you are experiencing so we can properly find the issue and resolve it.

3. Maggie will be handling compensation as soon as possible if she has not already. I will discuss this with her so thank you for providing your personal calculations.
                          does this mean everyone has to send their personale calculation? (think not) or that some will get bigger compensation??
                          sorry lilliyan but i dont understand why specific people would need to send calculations.

on a different note, most of the people living in europe are screwed for this weeks vs ranking since some people (us asia) were able to do the last slot of vs while we in europe were asleep at 4 in the morning.

Can you or maggie please make sure that the compensation is send out asap, since it is annoying that 2 days after the crash nobody has had any communication or compensation (not everyone reads this forum)

ty

Comment

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 7.12.44 PM.png

I just got this in-game mail. Can you confirm that this compensation is for DECEMBER TENTH as said in the mail and we can expect
                            a "decent" compensation for the JANUARY TENTH full day issue?

if it is for 10thJan, then thank you for ignoring all our personal calculations.

Last edited by sujitp81; 01-12-2018, 01:15 PM.

Comment

lol try collecting it you get parmeter error

Comment

Originally posted by bluey View Post
                                Hi Lillian,
                                I don't understand why it is so hard to talk to us.
                                Many good people rely heavily on this game for outside contact.
                                Your "mea culpa" was appreciated but really did not address what we all need to hear.
                                And just saying "As soon as we have more information I will keep this thread updated." is not communication it is a fob off.

At a minimum I think we would all like to, and have a right to, know for each of these issues we get,
                                1. why they occurred?
                                2. what is the expected timeline for repairs? - with regular (hrly at least) updates as needed.
                                3. is compensation to be given globally and if so a timeline for when that will be determined?
                                Again, notify us of the amended timeline if it is changed
                                4. If compensation is to be given globally then how was it determined?

I don't understand why that is so hard to keep us informed.
                                Telling us this would mean that although we may not like what you are saying at least we will know where we stand.
                                You admit you stuffed up but compound the problem because you supply answers that leave us basically no further informed that before your answer.
                                We are just left in the dark with no idea when it will be fixed - no idea if there will be compensation or when and basically feeling used and abused.
                                With communication you have the opportunity to treat us the players with respect and my guess that would mean you and your team would be subjected to considerably less anger and abuse.

You have all our email addresses so why not bulk email us so even those who don't come here are also kept informed.

Just to let you know, I appreciate the game and in the most part (except this recent event) feel ok, not great but ok, about things.
                                This current event and the lack of real communication presented us all with a perception of a support team who really really didn't care and who are not interested in us at all.
                                This is evidenced by the anger here, on chats and on other forums. I really hope that it is due to poor communication, something easily fixed and is not due to hubris.

If you wanted answers to all of those things before I ever communicated to the forums at all, it would not have been posted, even now.

1. Something happened to the servers, not only stad servers but other games too. The tech team did not inform me of the issue. I can say from the processes which are set, them not telling me what happens means no data was lost, no hacks or attacks happened. It would be my assumption that there was a hardware or software malfunction or, something in the last update broke something else.

2. Before they can give me an ETA on a fixed server issue, they need to look at the issue and give me an ETA. Again, as soon as I contacted them and they began looking at it, I created this thread.

3. Compensation was handled by Maggie.

4. Compensation was handled by Maggie.

Its hard to give information that I do not have. I will not make announcements or promises when I am not 100% sure it will happen.

Emails take time and approval processes since this is an officially licensed product. We cannot just send out anything any time we want.

Comment

Working...
                                X