X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying/Selling Accounts

Dear Captains,

I've recently been somewhat bombarded with questions about buying/selling accounts. Is it allowed? Is it forbidden? Is it safe? To answer everyone asking, and everyone that didn't ask but is considering buying or selling, let me make it clear: We (GameSamba) do not support buying or selling accounts. This means, if you buy or sell an account, your account is no longer safe. You should treat your account like you would your bank account. You don't hand it over to people on the internet to do whatever they please with it. There are tons of reasons why it is unsafe and not at all worth it, I'll share a few examples that I have seen far too many times:

The scamming buyer (side note: This is not considered hacking or being hacked. It's simply handing away your account to a stranger.)
    Seller: PLZ BUY MY ACCT!! I'm super strong can kill everyone!!
    Buyer: Let me log in your acct first, then i pay!!
    Seller: Sure, Login: imnotacarefulperson Password: plzstealmyinfo
    Buyer: AFK
    Seller: WTF WHY IS MY PW CHANGED?
    Buyer: Dear support, please help me update all my info on this account someone tried to hack me, here is the original email and pw, please update to this.....
    Seller: Dear support, I HAVE BEEN HACKED HELP ME SOMEONE STOLE MY ACCT!!
    Support: *checks logs* unable to determine owner.... *Account banned*

The scamming seller
    Seller: WTF no, I'll show you but you pay before I hand over info.
    Buyer: Ok, show me...
    Seller: *Shows account* So the price is $7,000 USD
    Buyer: Ok, sending via paypal.
    Seller: Got it! here is the info.............
    A week later...
    Seller: Dear Support, I have been locked out of my account for a week now. Wtf I think someone hacked me, my friend said they saw me in-game but I can't even log in?! Check my IP, check my purchase logs from 2015 till last month!
    Support: *checks logs* Purchase history looks legit, wonder how this guy got hacked.. *Locks account*

The scamming buyer round two
    Seller: WTF no, I'll show you but you pay before I hand over info.
    Buyer: Ok, show me...
    Seller: *Shows account* So the price is $7,000 USD
    Buyer: Ok, sending via paypal.
    Seller: Got it! here is the info.............
    A week later...
    Seller: WTF how did the paypal payment get refunded?!!!
    Buyer: Gotta love paypal purchase protection.

At the end of it all, the accounts get locked. One side if not both, always lose out. We get complaints that support doesn't give you guys the answer you want when you want it, this will make things even worse. We also do reserve the right to block any account we see fit. If we see accounts being advertised non stop as selling or buying, we will begin blocking as much as we don't want to have to do that.

TL;DR
    Should you buy an account from another player?
    NO

If you know the guy and you trust him can you buy the account?
    Not sure what "knowing" a person consist of to each individual, but for me, a person in a game can super easily make up anything they want.

Can I get scammed if I buy or sell an account?
    YES, highly likely. So possible, I have witnessed it happen many times over my years not only working in the gaming industry but playing in it as well.

Can I get banned for attempting to buy/sell an account?
    Yes, that is a possibility.

Please, be safe and just don't.

Originally posted by starsky
    and who the fuck would want to buy an account off a fucked up game like this anyway? it sucks! there is more wrong with the game than is right! nice try though!

so why are you still here playing?

Comment

Working...
    X