X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Harassment and Trash Talking Rules

Greetings Captains,

Due to many reports and issues with “harassment” and/or “trash talking”, we are making this post to clarify what is and isn’t acceptable. We do understand there is rivalry in-game and that makes it fun and exciting. We also understand the heated moments after PvP. Due to the many complaints and reports recently and our own staff witnessing a lot of over the line harassment and discrimination, we decided to make this post so there will be no more "I didn't know I can’t say that" and "he/she started it".

Rules:

1. No discrimination is acceptable ever. This includes race, gender, age and sexual orientation. Doesn't matter if it's true or a joke, it's NOT and acceptable and will get you sanctioned.

2. No direct cursing insults. You cannot run around calling people things like b1tch, whore, or any other name that would be considered cursing, even if you spell it weird and throw in some numbers, if you can read it, so can we. This will get you sanctioned. However, things like noob, newbie, stupid, and less offensive words are ok as long as you aren't spamming at another person nonstop, because nonstop would be obsessive and creepy. You guys aren't creepy right?!

3. No sexual harassment. Now while this may sound like common sense, so do rules 1 & 2 to us. If you need to know what the definition of sexual harassment is Click Here. Again, if you do this you will be sanctioned.

4. No threatening in real life. So you are in this game you love right? This game has PvP right? There is no need to threaten in real life. Go kill the other person in game. If you can't, get stronger so you can? Threatening another in real life is serious and in some places would be considered a criminal act. We don't want to have to call the police on you and end up in some weird headline of the internet news so please, just PK and avoid the sanction.

5. No personal insults. This one is a bit hard to explain. You can insult a player’s character, build, guild, items, skills and so on. But when you go out of your way to find who they are in real life, make fun of their pictures, name, family, pets, job, and anything else... Let's be honest, you look like a stalker when you do this and we do consider it harassment. What you do outside of game we can't control but once you bring that into game you have crossed the line because we don't want it in our server. Just like the other rules, you will be sanctioned.

How Sanctions Work:

1st Offense: Verbal in-game warning done through in-game mail or email.
    2nd Offense: Mute, duration depending on severity, anywhere from 1 hour to 48 hours.
    3rd Offense: 1 Day Ban.
    4th Offense: 1 Week Ban.
    5th Offense: Permanent Ban.

*These rules and sanctions are subject to change at any time we see fit.

If anyone is to experience any of the mentioned harassment or discrimination PLEASE, take a screenshot and submit it to support as soon as possible. As we will need to thoroughly investigate each case, it may take up to 48 hours to resolve these cases. Also note we will not display a person’s sanction history. We have an internal log that shows who has been sanctioned and what it was for; this is not for the public to see. If you report someone and they have legit broke the rules on this thread, we will simply tell you something along the lines of “Thank you for reporting this issue. We have completed our investigation and the proper steps have been taken”.

Interesting. There are a few people who I can see getting banned quite fast because of point 2 and point 5.

Comment

We would hate for that to happen but it is a bit out of control and this is something we are obligated to do. Hopefully after warnings, people can chill with the keyboard inappropriateness.

Comment

Finally, some official word. I hope Samba is able to follow through and enforce it.

Comment

I appreciate the time you guys have put into this but I can see this system being abused. What is to stop someone from copying your name on another server, going into CSSB or 3v3 and cursing someone out or whatever then taking a screenshot and reporting it as the person who's name they copied?

I am also trying to understand some of the stuff that is ok and not ok. So basically it is ok to call someone a stupid noob but if you say their dog is ugly then it is a sanction?
          Last edited by drasdin; 09-14-2016, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Finally a outline to what is allowed or not allowed.

From now on I will make sure that screenshots will be sent in when the abuse starts up again

Comment

I wanna tell everyone that my "slaps" from game chat are innocent, with lot of love and appreciation for the people i send those and have nothing to do with violence. Please do not report me for my "slaps".

Thank you in advance!

Comment

Lilliyan - Love the input of humor also Much better for it, as everyone should know it is a game and meant to be fun! It is a shame that it has come to needing something like this. But love the way you put it across

thank you

Comment

Well, 2 and 5 are the biggest ones that need attention and I can assure you that screen shots by both Starbuck and I are being taken and being sent in. We hope that now with clarification these rules will not only be followed, but enforced. This is after all a game and we all just want to enjoy it. But us 2 can just as easily enjoy our counsel and shelf full of games even more where we don't have to tolerate rules for show, but not enforced. WE just want to play the game and for the most part we enjoy the game, but I think GS should know as I'm sure they already do, they're not the only gaming option out there. I can easily fire up the tower and put Mech 3 Mercs back up and start hosting battles again where money is not an option, only skill and guts. In other words, it's not my wallet that's affected, we're still going to game and we're still going to eat and we're still going to have our job. Question is, how long will GS be around if and when everyone else sees it the same way?

Comment

45410579851 I can personally send in a lot of evidence of abuse. Now I know some people can have a bit of Banter, but some others do personal attacks whenever they start their abuse.

I will not name names here, however some people need to understand that this is a game and rules have to be followed. If somebody attacks you, your family or your friends when ever they get drunk or cannot think of a way to upset you or people you talk to then they have to be sorted out. Name calling is one thing, personal attacks are totally different.
                    In the street if somebody calls you names you can ignore them and walk away, but when its an attack on your family or friends when malice is involved it has to be dealt with.

I for one am glad that people can, with evidence which is DATED, report these people and actually have it taken seriously for once. GS failed me once, the next time I will just name and shame people with screenshots if GS fail to do what they have stated in this post.

Comment

lilliyan (*QUESTION FOR MODS AND STAFF ALIKE*)
                      What about players who have bypassed the abusive names for example B1atch and AssHole, or names that mean the same except have an extra letter but visually mean the same, will GameSamba crack down on that as well?

I ask this because there are people with names like those in game now...

Comment

I think it is great to have rules to prevent harassment, I just worry that some of the people this rule is made to police will take advantage of it by copying peoples names on other servers and then using them in a cross server event and reporting that person for harassment.

For example: Say there is a player named Sunshine (made up name) on server X. I do not like Sunshine. I make a fleet named Sunshine on server Y. I then go into 3v3 or CSSB with this fleet and start acting like an idiot and cursing and insulting people. I take a screenshot from my main account and report Sunshine from server X. Is there a way to prove that it was Sunshine from server Y? When you talk in chat during cross server events there is nothing to signify what server you are from. Just asking because I do not want to see this system used by people to get people they do not like banned for no reason.

Comment

I am going to go out on a limb for the 3rd time here in forums. Either it is agreed to or it's not. And seeing that this post IS directed at everyone, this includes myself as well as the certain individual, AND I know you are reading this. 3rd and final time, truce? I'll put it simple. I have nothing to lose, you put how much money into the game? We, Starbuck and I will not quit the game just because someone else wants us to. We will quit when we feel like it and not before. Now, you can be patient and wait it out, or you can wait until you're removed from the game per the rules stated above and lose your high standing score you worked and paid for. Here's the terms of the truce. We leave each other alone. PERIOD! This is both Starbuck and I and you. You know as well as I do that there are more people than us that you can get your dailies from. I know that in the beginning I was harsh and I am sorry. Everyone knows who I am, so I'm saying it. I will, as my part also keep a civil "tongue" so to speak towards you and everyone else including here in forum. We just want to play the game, same as you. Given all of the cross server events our server, as with every other server, needs to be a team. And as the team known as S-95 Akritri I would like to stop the in-fighting. Let's call it truce and start working as a team instead of trying to get rid of each other. Un-blacklist me (you're not blacklisted by me) and PM me in chat when you see me on and just say agreed and this time hold up to the agreement. No tricks. BUT I guaranty you, if you continue we will not stop taking screen shots and will not quit the game until you are banned per the rules stated above. Win win or lose / win???? We are not going to be intimidated into quitting, nor are we going to become strong enough to beat you so either we play together or we keep going till 1 (more than likely you) of us gets booted, ME? Starbuck? have nothing to lose because we have not yet spent anything and it is mostly because of you. SO???? TRUCE???? Agree or not? You'll see me in chat. PM your answer
                          Last edited by 45410579851; 09-16-2016, 05:00 PM. Reason: No agreement made as of yet

Comment

Originally posted by drasdin View Post
                            I think it is great to have rules to prevent harassment, I just worry that some of the people this rule is made to police will take advantage of it by copying peoples names on other servers and then using them in a cross server event and reporting that person for harassment.

For example: Say there is a player named Sunshine (made up name) on server X. I do not like Sunshine. I make a fleet named Sunshine on server Y. I then go into 3v3 or CSSB with this fleet and start acting like an idiot and cursing and insulting people. I take a screenshot from my main account and report Sunshine from server X. Is there a way to prove that it was Sunshine from server Y? When you talk in chat during cross server events there is nothing to signify what server you are from. Just asking because I do not want to see this system used by people to get people they do not like banned for no reason.
                            This is one of the reasons it will take time for us to investigate it. We will look into everything before we make final decisions. And if someone is so brave to do something of this sort, they will be facing an entirely different level of sanctions. So to anyone that thought of doing this, please choose wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by drasdin View Post

I understand what you mean but you have to make sure there are screenshots of the players ships and other stuff. Its all time, location, characters ships etc. Its pretty clear that if its a copy of a known character their ships and equipment will not be the same as the main fleet. As for your Sunshine and Sunshine example, it will be clear who is who by ships and server. I get the concept that this could happen, but for this to happen somebody must be deliberately targeting a player, which to me is harassment in itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X