This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Questions & Answers Part 1

After spending time in-game and reading through the forums, I have seen some reoccurring questions. While I am not an expert, going to attempt to answer some of the common questions in one place. If you feel I am wrong or have a better solution please post and I can edit my post.

Q. I raided a planet and didn't get any resources why is this?
    A. You can only get resources from someone up to 19 levels below you. If basic's of the raid/loot formula are at 10 levels above the target you get 50% of what is shown. For every level after that you lose or miss out on an additional 5% of the resources.

Q. What Does a Weapon Reset Toolkit do, and why do I want to use it.
    A. All items start in a base range. For this example we will use the Disruptor beam obtained from Elite 1-2. Its starting Damage is 25-30. Lets say that the weapon you receive is a 26 out of 30. You will want to use this these kits until you get that weapon as close to the high number as possible, because as you upgrade this weapon the range will widen and you will lose end damage by not resetting it. This is best done before the weapon is upgraded or reformed. The higher the quality (reform) the weapon/item is the more kits it costs. It cost 5 kits at inferior and increases by 5 for each quality level after that.

Q. What are scouts missions and why should i do them.
    A. Scouts are located in Fluidic space outside of each system. They are marked by a green triangle with a question mark located inside of it. There are 3 possible outcomes when you click on this icon, it will either turn into a yellow triangle (Fluidic Creature npc fleet) red/blue triangle (opposite faction npc fleet) or it will disappear. By getting a colored triangle it will launch a new combat sequence, which gives out Metal/Crystal and possibly Crates, Keys, Cloaks and Officer cards as rewards.

Scout

Q. What are Investigations and where are they found.
    A. Explores are located in system space of rotating sectors, as of the last patch explores are only in a single system within a given sector. An example would be one hour they could be in 13:1 and they next hour it could be in 13:6. In order to find these you must explore each system of the sector until you find them. These explores are marked by a green hex with what looks to be a target with a needle in it, these are located next to each planet of the given system. Because these are in high demand you need to scan all planets on the map to ensure that someone else is not taking them. The explores are only available for the first 50 of each hour, they disappear the last 10 mins of the hour. These refresh at the top of every hour and you will see a system broadcast message telling you the Sector that they will be present in for that hour. These explores are a decent source of metal and crystal if you are running low. They also drop 1 equipment piece (more on this later) per explore.
    Investigate

Q. What are Equipment pieces, how to I obtain them and where are they used.
    A, Equipment pieces are used to exchange for items like shields, armor and torpedoes. They are obtained by doing the system/planet explores. You can get 1 piece per explore. To use these you go to the exchange store (same place you exchange Synergen)

Q. What are Reform Toolkits?
    A. Reform kits are used to upgrade the quality of your items. There are currently 5 stages of reform kits. You will need 10 of each level of kit in order to upgrade/reform the item.

Level 1 Inferior > Common White > Green
    Level 2 Common > Uncommon Green > Blue
    Level 3 Uncommon> Rare Blue > Purple
    Level 4 Rare > Superior Purple > Orange
    Level 5 Superior > Relic Orange > Red

Q. What does resolve do, why should I do it.
    A. Resolve is used to DESTROY old equipment that you no longer need. In the process of destroying the item you will get back 80% of the e-crystals, reform kits that you have used on the item. Please note that by doing this process you will lose the item you are resolving and will NOT be able to get it back.

Q. What are chips, chip fragments and Isolinear Lab.
    A. Chips come in 5 types, Laser Chip (+ Attack) Armor (+ Defense) Crit (+Critical %) Aim (+Hit %) and Shield (+ Shield). These chips can be combined/removed from items whenever you want. These are used to upgrade your ships stats. Chip Fragments are used to upgrade these chips, much like an officer card upgrades an officer. There is currently 3 type of chip fragments, Green (50 Xp) Blue (200 Xp) and Orange (500 Xp). The Isolinear lab is used also need in-order to upgrade your chips. To reach higher chip levels you need to continually upgrade your lab, each chip level upgrade requires a certain lab level.

Q. How do I obtain Chips & Chip Fragments.
    A. There is currently two ways to obtain both. You can get these from opening crates or you can complete trial stages.

Q. What is the trial.
    A. The Trial is a new event, that is similar in format to elite stages. You begin the trial at stage 1 and work your way through 80 stages. Each stage is a set of 3 battles, like the elite stages. You must survive all 3 battles in order to complete the stage. Unlike the elite mode after your primary ships are destroyed your reserves will enter the battle in an attempt to finish off the stage. In this scenario the 1st or left most reserve becomes your flag. If you reserve flag is equipped with similar weapons to your primary flag, you will be allowed to use your skills, so it is important to try and match the weapon styles up as much as possible. After completing the stage you will be reward with chip fragments with the possibility of earning extra fragments or a chip. Every 5th stage of the trial your reward will change to a chip. Each stage of this trial will get progressively harder, to make the trial a bit easier you are given the option to apply buffs before the battle starts. There are two options for this, first is use 5000 crystal which gives you a random 2-10% buff or you can use 20 credits and receive a 10% buff.

Q. I am stuck on a mission to build a crescent ship but can't find it, whats going on.
    A. This is a side quest, and the only way to complete this mission is to receive the crescent ship blue print. There are two ways to acquire this blue print. The first is through purchasing your first top up, but this option does require that you spend money. The second option is to get a drop from an A-Crate. Upon receiving the blue print you must first go to your inventory, find the blue print and click use. After using the BP this will open a second tab in your shipyard called Anretaar. Click the second tab then build the ship and you are done.

Q. How do I contact a GM or Open a ticket.
    A. In order to open a ticket to contact a GM you must click the support button located in the upper right corner of the game screen. Upon clicking on this link it will open a new tab/window for the support center. In the upper right corner just to the left of your user Id you will see an email us option after click on that it will open a pop-up box that will ask you for various information like User ID, Server and IGN. When filling out the ticket be as detailed as possible and include a screen shot whenever possible. The more details you provide the first time the quicker they can help you.

Q. I submitted a ticket but haven't received a response, whats going on.
    A. Chances are that you have received a response, but are expecting a response in a different way. If you go back to the support center next to the email us option you will see a my cases option. This is were they will respond to you. You should check this regularly to look for a response that will either be requesting further details or an answer that will help resolve your problem
    Last edited by Hal2010; 01-08-2016, 02:17 AM.

All items start in a base range. For this example we will use the Disruptor beam obtained from Elite 1-2. Its starting Damage is 25-30. Lets say that the weapon you receive is a 26 out of 30. You will want to use this these kits until you get that weapon as close to the high number as possible, because as you upgrade this weapon the range will widen and you will lose end damage by not resetting it. This is best done before the weapon is upgraded or reformed. The higher the quality (reform) the weapon/item is the more kits it costs. It cost 5 kits at inferior and increases by 5 for each quality level after that. <----- that is wrong, we have noticed even with doing it early you sometimes have to redo it around lvl 40 or 60 because it drops so much

A. Explores are located in system space of rotating sectors, <--- this is wrong also , its secors 5,9,13,15. It is not all sectors .

the iso chips is basically 5 lvls of lab is 1 chip lvl raise IE lvl 20 lab is lvl 4 chip

There are two options for this, first is use 5000 crystal which gives you a random 2-10% buff or you can use 20 credits and receive a 10% buff.<<-- that is wrong also, the buff can be a negative buff also , seen it happen ,

n order to open a ticket to contact a GM you must click the support button located in the upper right corner of the game screen. this is half righ there is a second way through the website

Comment

• Hal2010
      Hal2010 commented
      Editing a comment
      "that is wrong, we have noticed even with doing it early you sometimes have to redo it around lvl 40 or 60 because it drops so much" ----- First I was only stating how and why you should use them. The information provide is not wrong as you state, everything is correct. I never stated you only have to do it once, only that its best to do it when its lower quality.

"this is wrong also , its secors 5,9,13,15. It is not all sectors ." --I tried to stay away from locking stuff so that if they change the sectors in a future patch the information will still be valid. Currently yes its 5,9 13 & 15 before the last patch it was random, next patch who knows.

"the iso chips is basically 5 lvls of lab is 1 chip lvl raise IE lvl 20 lab is lvl 4 chip" --I only stated that to make higher chips you need on level your lab, which is correct.

"that is wrong also, the buff can be a negative buff also , seen it happen " I have never seen a negative buff in all my attempts at using this, my guess is that would be a bug and something that should be reported

"n order to open a ticket to contact a GM you must click the support button located in the upper right corner of the game screen. this is half righ there is a second way through the website" ----I never said it was the only option just an option through the game system that everyone has access to. There are many other ways but I found that to be the easiest

42332006050 commented
      Editing a comment
      But it is not best to do it right off , if you do it right off you will use more resets in the long run. So you use info from last patch and not current to make a guide thats correct. I gave them exact info on lvls in iso chips not a generic info . I have seen the negative buff on trials a few times now. If you are going to give them info on how to contact a gm give all not just 1. Sorry if you are getting mad about someone correcting your wrong sticky post that new users are going to look at wrong information.

what are the rewards for the next "anretaar starship" missions, metal like the 1st one or something rare?

Comment

• Hal2010
      Hal2010 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry I dont recall what the rewards for the mission are.

The rewards for the mission are nothign rare, at first its exp then it just goes crystals and metal

Comment

Please add that when you destroy satellites you do not get the metal back. Plus a tip to raiding is to always use a cloak after if your ship will take around 2 min or more to reach wormhole.

Comment

• Hal2010
        Hal2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        I can add those to further Q & A Sessions. This wasn't meant as a total guide, but will try and work on something for people

what is the biggest defence sat lvl?

Comment

• Hal2010
        Hal2010 commented
        Editing a comment
        currently I think Sat Vs are the best but there stats would be based on tech

• axl100
        axl100 commented
        Editing a comment
        thx, i asked because the tech is not maxed after the V

HI WHAT DOES A LEVETATION CARD DO AND HOW DO U USE IT

Comment

• wizkiller96
        wizkiller96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Levitation Card is to move your colony to a new planet. With out having to rebuild all your building again. Also note your colony will stop producing resources while in levitate status until it reaches it new destination.

• Denshiro
        Denshiro commented
        Editing a comment
        This Levitate card, and levitation. I have a request. for the love of GOD rename and relabel it.
        - Make it a transfer colony or a move colony or transport colony.

Haven't y'all gotten sick of the "what is a levitate card for?" or " what is levitation"
        How hard can it be?

42685471139 commented
        Editing a comment
        You do realize the levitating button in game tells you it auto collects your resources....

Thanks for the info )

Comment

Sorry, but your answer to "Q. What Does a Weapon Reset Toolkit do, and why do I want to use it." is totally incomprehensible.

Comment

• Hal2010
          Hal2010 commented
          Editing a comment
          What part don't you understand? All items have a base range of stats, the reset kit alters the current stats of the item in an attempt to get it to the max within the range.

• Denshiro
          Denshiro commented
          Editing a comment
          let me try :P

The weapon reset toolkit is such a bulky and cumbersome name, I swear the person in charge of labeling this game is not american despite having this game supposedly based in the good old US of A.

This "item" is used to modify and "RESET" the Damage, Hit Rate, Crit Rate of the Weapon it is used on.
          You can find this operation is made possible by clicking on your "equip" icon (bottom of the screen) and going to the reset tab.

Why Reset a weapon, or armor or shield for that matter?

Each equipment has a range of Attributes. when the equipment first appears in your inventory be it from a crate, an elite instance reward, or an equipment piece exchange. The equipment "rolls" for its attributes.
          Sometimes the roll is perfect and you better not RESET it anymore, more often than not the "roll" is terrible.
          You will want to RESET it then.
          Do not forget to click on the SAVE button when you find a reset you prefer over the existing one.

One of the daily missions says "Investigate Events" and I have to do it three times. I completed everything but that one. How do I do it?

Comment

Here I answered the weapons kit question here. http://forums.gamesamba.com/star-tre...-equipment-tab

Comment

If it's not too much trouble, can you tell me at what levels you get skill points? I'd like to plan ahead my uses of PCBs and whatnot. They're awfully expensive.

Comment

• Hal2010
            Hal2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            I will try and find where I wrote it down, give me a couple days

• dryden73
            dryden73 commented
            Editing a comment
            accessing a new sector = +1 skill point

I have another question. Can you refill Torpedos? Or is it once you use them all, they're gone?

EDIT: Nevermind, got it answered. ;-)
          Last edited by eileenrenee; 07-18-2015, 04:52 AM.

Comment

40873948403 commented
            Editing a comment
            Click on your Fleet icon in the lower right of the browser, then click on the hammer and wrench icon on the ship you want to reload. There should be a circular arrow on the torpedo tab click that and it will ask if you want to use credits or crystals to reload your torpedo's.

No such thing as weapon reset toolkits. Weapon raise toolkits maybe? And who really knows what they do? It appears to be totally random whether it increases the damage or not. Most of the time, it blinks red and the damage doesn't increase, so the kits appear to be fairly useless.

Comment

• Hal2010
            Hal2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            weapon reset kits became weapon raise kits 2 patches ago

Hi all, new player. im level 15 with 13 reform tookits & cant use them. In game im told to use the reform tab but its not there? Any help please?

Comment

• Hal2010
            Hal2010 commented
            Editing a comment
            its in the equipment menu, right next to the upgrade tab
        Working...
        X