Star trek alien domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 43842486165 View Post

sorry my screen size irrelevant, i play game at 80% zoom and it does fine for me, I've already provided a screen shot above. mini client needs a Zoom function
    The screen size is not irrelevant as smaller screens will have problems over bigger screens. From this I can see you prob have an 11" screen, which is small. For a screen that size I agree a resizing would work as you would be able to make everything much smaller. if you were on a 15.6" screen you could just click on the edge of the window and expand it. Reducing the size is the only option for small laptops.

Lets see what can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by 16761828211 View Post

The screen size is not irrelevant as smaller screens will have problems over bigger screens. From this I can see you prob have an 11" screen, which is small. For a screen that size I agree a resizing would work as you would be able to make everything much smaller. if you were on a 15.6" screen you could just click on the edge of the window and expand it. Reducing the size is the only option for small laptops.

Lets see what can be done.
      well you guessed wrong my screen size is 15.6" and screen is maximized mini client needs zoom function i know whats possible with my laptop and making assumptions about my computer doesn't help the fact that developers need to have zoom function installed otherwise game be unplayable and players will give up the game completely because developers don't listen. my screen size isn't the issue been playing since it started same screen and i been playing comfortably with screen parameters that browsers has provided. Adobe flash announced in July 2017 yet developers leaving it to the last few months to do something about it which they could have sorted something out for it to run in internet browsers yet we been made to use there mini client with a lot of bugs and cant do things like on normal browsers. players that cant play the game in mini client like they used to in internet browsers (eg zoom functions, multiple accounts without it crashing and multiple tabs for multiple servers) then players will give up and play a more user friendly game.

Comment

well you guessed wrong my screen size is 15.6" and screen is maximized mini client needs zoom function i know whats possible with my laptop and making assumptions about my computer doesn't help the fact that developers need to have zoom function installed otherwise game be unplayable and players will give up the game completely because developers don't listen. my screen size isn't the issue been playing since it started same screen and i been playing comfortably with screen parameters that browsers has provided. Adobe flash announced in July 2017 yet developers leaving it to the last few months to do something about it which they could have sorted something out for it to run in internet browsers yet we been made to use there mini client with a lot of bugs and cant do things like on normal browsers. players that cant play the game in mini client like they used to in internet browsers (eg zoom functions, multiple accounts without it crashing and multiple tabs for multiple servers) then players will give up and play a more user friendly game.
        I play on 3 different accounts, and it does not crash outside pvp events. Actually the client runs perfectly on this home build PC. I also play the client on a 15.6" screen, and yes it is small but i can stretch out the screen so it is not that bad, not sure what you are doing wrong to not be able to stretch it out, I also have a smaller screened Laptop, and yes i can run the mini client on that as well. The screen isn't as big but once i stretch out the screen it is ok, but i would have understood if you had a screen that size.

The mini client has been with us for the last ten months, and its had some changes made, mostly because players have said it needs fixing. At the moment a Zoom feature is not their first priority, TBH their first priority has to be the crashes which only happen when you are in PvP. If i can run 3 accounts for 16 hours per day and have ZERO crashes outside PvP then something is working correctly, and the client is only taking up per clients 65Mb. My browser uses more memory up just to run so its not that bad.

Comment

It's as much the resolution as it is the size. His screenshot is only 1366 pixels wide, meaning that's how wide his screen is. My (4 year old, work issued) laptop also has a 15.6" screen but it is 1920x1080 so it doesn't look like hot garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by 751180526806 View Post
            It's as much the resolution as it is the size. His screenshot is only 1366 pixels wide, meaning that's how wide his screen is. My (4 year old, work issued) laptop also has a 15.6" screen but it is 1920x1080 so it doesn't look like hot garbage.
            And if you use a 4K display @ resolution of 3840x2160 the Micro Client looks only good if you downsize resolution to 1920x1080.. In any other resolution it is BULLSHIT. There has to be a zoom. At this point i disagree to Mantis. Most actually Users play on Home-PC and Laptop... Not on specialized Display..

Comment

I play on 3 different accounts, and it does not crash outside pvp events. Actually the client runs perfectly on this home build PC. I also play the client on a 15.6" screen, and yes it is small but i can stretch out the screen so it is not that bad, not sure what you are doing wrong to not be able to stretch it out, I also have a smaller screened Laptop, and yes i can run the mini client on that as well. The screen isn't as big but once i stretch out the screen it is ok, but i would have understood if you had a screen that size.

The mini client has been with us for the last ten months, and its had some changes made, mostly because players have said it needs fixing. At the moment a Zoom feature is not their first priority, TBH their first priority has to be the crashes which only happen when you are in PvP. If i can run 3 accounts for 16 hours per day and have ZERO crashes outside PvP then something is working correctly, and the client is only taking up per clients 65Mb. My browser uses more memory up just to run so its not that bad.
              Dear Mantis ,
              we both talk abot the screens & resolutions. You play on a big Display with a HD Resolution.. Others like me got a 4K UHD ( Laptop 15.6" and a TV 65" ) and don`t want do downsize to HD Resolution because the Tech Team is not able to solve this problem to integrate a Zoom.
              Also both of us know that time is running.. Now we are 60 Day till end of Flash.. No stabilisation in PvP... What the hell is the tech team doing?
              Smoking Joints? The people @ NGames,i think, will not deliver any fixing.. You once said the game was for only 18 month lifetime projected.. So it was no Choice to take this Game to HTML 5 or others.. It will die the day Flash die. Sad but thats the fact.

kuduzu/Mitchel S (FB)6 Umbriel, Germany

Comment

Mantis its not all about you so what you play game without it crashing its about the players and what there reporting in the game and zoom function us a priority game is unplayable without it. once end of December comes and players forced to use it the i see the mini client wont be able to cope and forums be full of players complaining

AND FIX FORUMS KEEP GETTING
                "Error
                Error while saving content: %1$s

Error information: " 524 error "
                Last edited by 43842486165; 10-31-2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kuduzu View Post

Dear Mantis ,
                  we both talk abot the screens & resolutions. You play on a big Display with a HD Resolution.. Others like me got a 4K UHD ( Laptop 15.6" and a TV 65" ) and don`t want do downsize to HD Resolution because the Tech Team is not able to solve this problem to integrate a Zoom.
                  Also both of us know that time is running.. Now we are 60 Day till end of Flash.. No stabilisation in PvP... What the hell is the tech team doing?
                  Smoking Joints? The people @ NGames,i think, will not deliver any fixing.. You once said the game was for only 18 month lifetime projected.. So it was no Choice to take this Game to HTML 5 or others.. It will die the day Flash die. Sad but thats the fact.

kuduzu/Mitchel S (FB)6 Umbriel, Germany
                  There are things we can agree on and things we may never agree on. As you know I have a Tower, which I built myself, and I use a large monitor, TV using hdmi, and its only 43", at the moment. For me I still have to upscale the client to its max size then playing the game, and yes to upscale the client i can have a max of 4 windows on the screen.
                  I can use 4096x2160, which makes the text too small, or 3840x2160 which is better. I still have issues with the text being small, which is a problem we have had before on the browser many years again which they changed to a larger text and Font.

I am not happy with how it is going and I am asking questions as to why we haven't had an update on what needs to be in the client. I would ask that you do not use strong language in the forum but I am going to ignore it because a lot of people feel the same way. I cannot see the game closing just because of PvP issues or anything else. Games close as you know when it becomes not viable to keep them running.

Mantis its not all about you so what you play game without it crashing its about the players and what there reporting in the game and zoom function us a priority game is unplayable without it. once end of December comes and players forced to use it the i see the mini client wont be able to cope and forums be full of players complaining

AND FIX FORUMS KEEP GETTING
                  "Error
                  Error while saving content: %1$s

Error information: " 524 error "
                  Look I really do not care if you like my comments or not, and i do not care if you think I am talking about myself. If I do not do anything in PvP the game will not crash. This pisses me off because I want to do PvP. PvP is part of the game which many players enjoy doing. I can get all 15 turns in 3v3 within 45 minutes even though my server group is the largest in all the server groups. The problem is crashes. I have uninstalled the Client a few times and yes it has worked a little better, I am down to just 10-12 crashes on all three accounts during 3v3. As my whole team are my characters I can see when each window crashes out (black screen) and can normally refresh the game before the end of the battle.
                  CSSB is just the same, you could be fighting a small team and then Black screen. by the time you get back your either dead or fighting with just one ship.

Lets also add the health bar and flashing ships, which started on the browsers first, I use Opera, Chrome, and another stripped down browser which should not be affected by these bugs.
                  All of them started having Black screen crashing 2 years ago. Then 8 months ago the health bar issue started on normal browsers first. We also have to remember there is also another bug some people employ to steal all of your energy at the start, half way through or before you kill their last ship. All of the energy you have will go to zero, your flag will disappear and you will have no skill bar, 2 seconds later the flag comes back, still no energy, or with full energy, but you still cannot use skills because as soon as you fire a skill the energy drops to zero and your locked out for another 2 seconds, but when your energy comes back you have full energy.
                  ALL of these bugs are withing the browsers and have not been fixed. The black screen was fixed on the browser but it needs fixing in the client.

Once there is news about any fixes it will be published on the forum first.

As for the forum.

I have raised this issue and it has not been fixed. They have had a number of problems when it comes to the forum but as of yet they have not been able to fix the issue, as it seems. I will ask them to fix the forum because it is unacceptable the way it is at the moment.

Comment

There are things we can agree on and things we may never agree on. As you know I have a Tower, which I built myself, and I use a large monitor, TV using hdmi, and its only 43", at the moment. For me I still have to upscale the client to its max size then playing the game, and yes to upscale the client i can have a max of 4 windows on the screen.
                    I can use 4096x2160, which makes the text too small, or 3840x2160 which is better. I still have issues with the text being small, which is a problem we have had before on the browser many years again which they changed to a larger text and Font.

I am not happy with how it is going and I am asking questions as to why we haven't had an update on what needs to be in the client. I would ask that you do not use strong language in the forum but I am going to ignore it because a lot of people feel the same way. I cannot see the game closing just because of PvP issues or anything else. Games close as you know when it becomes not viable to keep them running.

Look I really do not care if you like my comments or not, and i do not care if you think I am talking about myself. If I do not do anything in PvP the game will not crash. This pisses me off because I want to do PvP. PvP is part of the game which many players enjoy doing. I can get all 15 turns in 3v3 within 45 minutes even though my server group is the largest in all the server groups. The problem is crashes. I have uninstalled the Client a few times and yes it has worked a little better, I am down to just 10-12 crashes on all three accounts during 3v3. As my whole team are my characters I can see when each window crashes out (black screen) and can normally refresh the game before the end of the battle.
                    CSSB is just the same, you could be fighting a small team and then Black screen. by the time you get back your either dead or fighting with just one ship.

Lets also add the health bar and flashing ships, which started on the browsers first, I use Opera, Chrome, and another stripped down browser which should not be affected by these bugs.
                    All of them started having Black screen crashing 2 years ago. Then 8 months ago the health bar issue started on normal browsers first. We also have to remember there is also another bug some people employ to steal all of your energy at the start, half way through or before you kill their last ship. All of the energy you have will go to zero, your flag will disappear and you will have no skill bar, 2 seconds later the flag comes back, still no energy, or with full energy, but you still cannot use skills because as soon as you fire a skill the energy drops to zero and your locked out for another 2 seconds, but when your energy comes back you have full energy.
                    ALL of these bugs are withing the browsers and have not been fixed. The black screen was fixed on the browser but it needs fixing in the client.

Once there is news about any fixes it will be published on the forum first.

As for the forum.

I have raised this issue and it has not been fixed. They have had a number of problems when it comes to the forum but as of yet they have not been able to fix the issue, as it seems. I will ask them to fix the forum because it is unacceptable the way it is at the moment.
                    if your having that many problems why didn't you disclose them in previous comments, previous comments came across as defending mini client full disclosure of your problems would have been better PVP is main part of the game which needs to be fixed before end of December

Comment

I would ask that you do not use strong language in the forum but I am going to ignore it because a lot of people feel the same way.

Dear Mantis ....
                      Do you think my statements are rude? Naughty? Outrageous?
                      Too aggressive?

That's not even remotely what you would call rough. Nobody was attacked personally .. so please don't be so sensitive.

And it has nothing to do with being German.

Edit *******

If you have no idea, means no more information from GS or NGames, you should just hold the ball flat and clearly admit that apart from moderating, nothing is left to you.
                      That means IMHO that if no body gets hurt emotionaly, there is no breaking the rule.

We say what we mean ..
                      AND that was worded extremely nicely.

I respectfully write it like this ..
                      I could formulate it much harder and much shorter ..
                      whether you lock me out of this forum or not ..
                      I am very little interested in this.

I'm not offending anyone ... so stop complaining that the tone is too sharp.

If you can't take chili, then don't eat at the Mexican

Have a nice Weekend
                      AND

EDIT****

Live long & prosper
                      Last edited by 16761828211; 11-01-2020, 09:02 PM.

Comment

if your having that many problems why didn't you disclose them in previous comments, previous comments came across as defending mini client full disclosure of your problems would have been better PVP is main part of the game which needs to be fixed before end of December
                        I have disclosed as much as I can about the issues when it comes to the mini client, but if you can understand there are some aspects which i cannot discuss on the forum because of the nature of those things. Those discussions have to be kept between myself and staff due to the nature of those things. Also due to the staffs NDA's they cannot tell me the results of what they find as it would break the NDA which they all have to sign, which I have not. Even if I was under an NDA i still couldn't tell you guys anything about what is discussed.

All i can say is this, a lot of the problems with the mini client were within the browsers we all used before the mini client was written. This means they have to fix all of these problem, hunt down the errors and then fix those error. A lot of players have put in a lot of input, going across all forums, and have stated what should be fixed first. I could list just a few things which need fixing and a Zoom feature is not on the top of the list. lets see, what could we name which needs to be fixed before Zoom is put into the client.

1, PvP fixing (black screen) this happened in normal browsers and was fixed after months of crashes. Cannot discuss what the cause was as its happening in the mini client as well, very wide spread.
                        2, Ship health bar (visual) sorting out. This happened in normal browsers and is back in mini client and normal browsers.
                        3, Fixing the energy issue. Players lose all energy or part energy even though the other player does not have officers or ships which remove energy. Whats meant by this is a player can have full energy and lose it all at the start of the fight just to have it fully restored 2 seconds later when they get energy restore. For example a player has 240 energy and it disappears at the start of a second round battle in 3v3. Then all 240 energy is restored 2 seconds later. This effect can happen all of the time.
                        4, Ships disappearing when in battle. Flag disappears and reappears 2 seconds later but in that time you have no skills and other player is not effected.

So there is the top 4 which I can discuss, however they are all covered by one thing which could explain this issue. We know Java is not the best thing out there, and making this game into HTML 5 just was not going to happen, the mini client was the only step they could take. I am not going to discuss all the bugs in the game over time as I have a sheet over a 4 year period which shows more exploits and bugs than most people know about. These things cannot be discussed as of the nature of the list. Staff have this list and have had access to it for years.

So If you have things to add to the short list of things which need fixing please add them and see the priority of them in reality. Personally I would like to see 3 of my top 4 fixed but they have to fix start with 2, 3, & 4 before they can fix the PvP problem because they are all connected to the black screen problem. I cannot say why, but sorting those issues first would allow them to look at the reason the black screen is happening, and ultimately those findings could be seen within weeks of their investigations.

Comment

fastest way to get black screen is to reset officer skills, or do 3v3 lol had it also happen when moving a bunch of chips around

Comment

Originally posted by kuduzu View Post

Dear Mantis ....
                            Do you think my statements are rude? Naughty? Outrageous?
                            Too aggressive?

That's not even remotely what you would call rough. Nobody was attacked personally .. so please don't be so sensitive.

And it has nothing to do with being German.

Edit*****

If you have no idea, means no more information from GS or NGames, you should just hold the ball flat and clearly admit that apart from moderating, nothing is left to you.
                            That means IMHO that if no body gets hurt emotionaly, there is no breaking the rule.

We say what we mean ..
                            AND that was worded extremely nicely.

I respectfully write it like this ..
                            I could formulate it much harder and much shorter ..
                            whether you lock me out of this forum or not ..
                            I am very little interested in this.

I'm not offending anyone ... so stop complaining that the tone is too sharp.

If you can't take chili, then don't eat at the Mexican

Have a nice Weekend
                            AND

EDIT****

Live long & prosper
                            1, who the hell brought your nationality into this thread?
                            2, Who brought trump into this thread?
                            3, read the forum rules about offensive language.

Word to the wise. If you wish to disrespect me or others the forum rules will be applied. If you cannot reframe from using, inappropriate, vulgar, or discriminatory (in any way) Staff. Moderators or Super Mods will act according to the rules.

Because you have added text under a # which will be removed as it can and will upset somebody, I will warn you not to post anything which has a political note. Political attitude is not welcome on this forum and can result in warnings and Perm bans.
                            Last edited by 16761828211; 11-01-2020, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 45088535204 View Post
                              fastest way to get black screen is to reset officer skills, or do 3v3 lol had it also happen when moving a bunch of chips around
                              Fastest way is take a turn in 3v3. I do not have an issue with resets, trials or other parts, but I will add your points to the list and get others to test it out as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X