Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does the illusion status mean?

Hi, what does the illusion status mean?

I may get this wrong but this is how I see illusion when it comes to this game.

Illusion changes the sensory perception of a ship which has been struck by the skill illusion, which makes the ship unable to lock on the enemy ship (now I did say I may get it wrong.)

I really wish it was more clear from the start and there really needs to be a nice long manual for this game, or at least a wiki (which i think there is) that describes everything down to a tea, but thats how I look at it.

Hope that gives you a clear idea, but if I am wrong then I know it will be corrected by one of our old members

Comment

There is a weapon skill called Pandora's Box, which "casts" Illusion state onto its target ships. Once Illusion takes hold, the affected ship attacks random friendly ships, and ignores enemy ships. This weapon isn't often seen in pvp nowadays, as newer equipment has ditched it in favour of Titan and Magstorm.

Now, whether the "illusion status" contained in skill description of the Iota shuttle, is the same as the Illusion cast by PB above, is a bit of a question mark. They don't tell us, and we often don't care enough to ask lol.

Comment

Originally posted by lucitarg View Post
        There is a weapon skill called Pandora's Box, which "casts" Illusion state onto its target ships. Once Illusion takes hold, the affected ship attacks random friendly ships, and ignores enemy ships. This weapon isn't often seen in pvp nowadays, as newer equipment has ditched it in favour of Titan and Magstorm.

Now, whether the "illusion status" contained in skill description of the Iota shuttle, is the same as the Illusion cast by PB above, is a bit of a question mark. They don't tell us, and we often don't care enough to ask lol.
        If you read Pandora it clearly states that it turn effected ships Mad and they attack other ships ( when it was broken it hit all other ships which killed them.) Now I believe illusion could be Pandora and if so, which I did suspect in the first place, it would mean the affected ship (s) would attack another ship just once when the effect takes hold.

Pandora is still a weapon of choice because of its AOE effect and that all these people that can hit themselves when effected by the skill can now one shot themselves. The effect of Pandora makes each ship hit itself, meaning if I was in a fight with a mega player he has to use delay skills just to make sure he does not kill himself. Using MS and titan is pointless. Sitting there going titan, titan, titan over and over again makes me wonder why they haven't used Shape Beam on a nice new 95 or 100 set piece. I would take shape beam over any MS kit.

Pandora has a 50 chance to send all ships Mad, and if your enemy is using ships that attack all ships, target the lowest dura ship, and any officer skill which adds damage to itself for killed ships, oh and repeater officers, etc..., then you stick a good chance of watching the enemy kill itself.

There is EMP and MS which are good skills, but if you really want to kill your Enemy there is a 3 skill combo which will make light work of most people you will fight against.

Comment

Originally posted by 16761828211 View Post
          If you read Pandora it clearly states that it turn effected ships Mad and they attack other ships ( when it was broken it hit all other ships which killed them.) Now I believe illusion could be Pandora and if so, which I did suspect in the first place, it would mean the affected ship (s) would attack another ship just once when the effect takes hold.

Pandora is still a weapon of choice because of its AOE effect and that all these people that can hit themselves when effected by the skill can now one shot themselves. The effect of Pandora makes each ship hit itself, meaning if I was in a fight with a mega player he has to use delay skills just to make sure he does not kill himself. Using MS and titan is pointless. Sitting there going titan, titan, titan over and over again makes me wonder why they haven't used Shape Beam on a nice new 95 or 100 set piece. I would take shape beam over any MS kit.

Pandora has a 50 chance to send all ships Mad, and if your enemy is using ships that attack all ships, target the lowest dura ship, and any officer skill which adds damage to itself for killed ships, oh and repeater officers, etc..., then you stick a good chance of watching the enemy kill itself.
          I stand corrected, indeed skill description of PB says mad rather than illusion. I was certain it was called illusion effect when we were using it years ago. I wonder if they changed the wording.
          Indeed PB is an interesting weapon, particularly with the inflation in ship durability and coiner damage rating. I myself don't much like Titan either. I was under the impression that PB was nerfed out of being much use anymore... I guess I could try it again to see.

There is EMP and MS which are good skills, but if you really want to kill your Enemy there is a 3 skill combo which will make light work of most people you will fight against.
          Ok, you can't go quiet after saying that sentence lol. What is that 3 skill combo?
          Last edited by lucitarg; 05-20-2020, 08:56 PM. Reason: Add clarity

Comment

Most people now get as much ER as possible, so which 3 skills will lock somebody up, remove shields, and do a hell of a lot of damage.

I like to hit people with PN first myself, or if i have energy stored its MS then Torp any will do, and PN to allow cool downs to cool down. So magic 3. Stop them from attacking, PN (making sure you have a silence 100% officer on flag) then when you hit them with MS you are not hitting shields, then Torp mostly finishes them off. Remember big players now have 120,000 damage on their ships so it is wonderful when they do the exact same thing. Oh and if you still use the Mekong, remembering it does Double damage with from 90 and above damage will suck their ER down at the start and MS also takes 30 ER from them. Fun isn't it lol.

Others do it differently, but I do like MS and Torps (95 are nice) Just be aware of the shield problem in game, where some people do not lose shields even after being hit with PN a few times and MS. Then if you use 85 torps, it can take 5 just to pull shields down 1% so be careful who you fight

As for Pandora, and Shape Beam. These are greate skills which should be put on high level weapons again. As I said, shape beam on a level 100 set, omg that would be a killer.

Comment

Most people now get as much ER as possible, so which 3 skills will lock somebody up, remove shields, and do a hell of a lot of damage.

I like to hit people with PN first myself, or if i have energy stored its MS then Torp any will do, and PN to allow cool downs to cool down. So magic 3. Stop them from attacking, PN (making sure you have a silence 100% officer on flag) then when you hit them with MS you are not hitting shields, then Torp mostly finishes them off. Remember big players now have 120,000 damage on their ships so it is wonderful when they do the exact same thing. Oh and if you still use the Mekong, remembering it does Double damage with from 90 and above damage will suck their ER down at the start and MS also takes 30 ER from them. Fun isn't it lol.

Others do it differently, but I do like MS and Torps (95 are nice) Just be aware of the shield problem in game, where some people do not lose shields even after being hit with PN a few times and MS. Then if you use 85 torps, it can take 5 just to pull shields down 1% so be careful who you fight

As for Pandora, and Shape Beam. These are greate skills which should be put on high level weapons again. As I said, shape beam on a level 100 set, omg that would be a killer.
              Cool cool. Thanks for sharing
              I was acutally thinking about whether the Mekong has tipped over the threshhold of becoming obsolete. Good to know someone thinks its still relevant.

Comment

Working...
              X