This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soultank1 View Post
    You know we have a player on the server who has also blacklisted a whole lot of people and his faction. He's caused two players to leave the game and makes the game horrible for everyone else.
    Which server is this please? Maybe, I am starting to guess the server and who you might be. Hope I am wrong!!

Great reply @Itwasntme

Comment

sounds like a player we used to have named saavik. we drove him out of our server long ago lol.

Comment

If he is simply levitating planets and killing everyone on sight that isn't really an issue but that would only be cross faction anyways. He can't attack his own faction but if he is provoking the feds into an all out war all you can do is work with the feds to keep him pinned down.

Some players, play that way.. eventually with enough of his planets consistently levitated and being killed anytime he enters sector space his progression will be so slowed down that everyone else will eventually by pass him and be so much stronger.

Just blacklisting your faction and not talking to them I doubt causes players to leave, he just shuns himself. I am not really sure how a KDF player is causing other KDF to leave but maybe I am missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by tamlin77 View Post
          If he is simply levitating planets and killing everyone on sight that isn't really an issue but that would only be cross faction anyways. He can't attack his own faction but if he is provoking the feds into an all out war all you can do is work with the feds to keep him pinned down.

Some players, play that way.. eventually with enough of his planets consistently levitated and being killed anytime he enters sector space his progression will be so slowed down that everyone else will eventually by pass him and be so much stronger.

Just blacklisting your faction and not talking to them I doubt causes players to leave, he just shuns himself. I am not really sure how a KDF player is causing other KDF to leave but maybe I am missing something.
          By taking away places to loot, he is hurting his own faction. This is a real problem, and there should be some way to address it.

Inactive players will not replace their bases, and frustrated active players pull their bases into the safe zone. So, no places to loot.

Looting is your primary source of synergen. No places to loot, no synergen, so you cannot advance in labs, or new ships....

Do you see now how this snowballs?
          Last edited by wimpy_mcsteel; 02-27-2017, 12:26 AM.

Comment

We have been dealing with this for some time.. but honestly if its only the inactives that ultimately are missing I would question should they really be there? I would challenge it makes more sense to demand/fight with NG for better syn sources than inactive players.

Personally I would advocate for removing those planets (levitating them automatically) once inactive for X time. And yes I am aware of how that hurts the system but it seems to me a flawed system based on population mechanics that needs a better system improvement not to go nuts on a player who is levitating them. Its a fair strategy to slow other players progression or catch up, even if it is a <cant say the word> move.

It also doesn't change my retaliation process against him. If he can't keep his planets on the ground and is killed on sight over and over eventually he will starve like a blockade and as such either have to stop playing or stop being a <again>.

Having lived in this environment for well over a year now (and warned about it before some players, who are now upset, said i was out of my mind that syn regen was an issue). I know you can survive it and progress albeit it at a slower pace. I still advocate for raising the syn regen rates to something more in line with crystal and syn (currently on a maxxed out planet at the highest sector it can be in its still 30 days longer for syn than metal and crystal, which are on the exact same day for progression). Up the planetary regen (or do it through tech enhancements) and remove all this find a planet garbage.

Comment

though i don't like the inactives or levs it does even the field in a small way to mid level coiners. getting last ship and lab up is hard for everybody pretty much the same. though the lose a ship balogna makes it tough because if we loot strong fleet bases we get hunted so that limits available bases even more. but thats fixed by having a ship/fleet set up for looting/bounty only. or just switch gear out. but if in the case of this orig poster... it's a bunch of hooey and should not be allowed. the strategic value imho is only the gain for samba wallets in the long and short. evidenced by their continued refusal to change it. but hey... profit is not a bad word. just where it's made is bad sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by wimpy_mcsteel View Post

By taking away places to loot, he is hurting his own faction. This is a real problem, and there should be some way to address it.

Inactive players will not replace their bases, and frustrated active players pull their bases into the safe zone. So, no places to loot.

Looting is your primary source of synergen. No places to loot, no synergen, so you cannot advance in labs, or new ships....

Do you see now how this snowballs?
                This makes sense if the the player is alt account of a Fed player. By levitating inactive feds he hurts klingons not feds. Find his main fed account and hunt him down.
                In my universe we have Feds dressed up as klingons to "spy" on what we say on faction or squad some times even from other universes. No big issue about this though as long as you know how to play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by plici007 View Post
                  How can we stop a klingon player to levitate the inactive farms ? He does not listen to anybody, in fact he has blacklisted 90% of the server, declared himself " emperor of the fluidic space " ( lol ) and is at war with a fed squad...meaning he's levitating the inactive players of that squad. He's the only member of his squad, nobody can reason with him...Any advice ?

plici007, s28 Acamar
                  and? until option is there all players are free to play.

Comment

You should be happy that you have a target that you can hunt. There are many ways to game and win, and it sounds like guy has you all by the sack. I bet the only ones complaining on your server are the farmers, because you don't need bases to grow, only to grow lazily. You can also blacklist him so that he does not offend you. I have done so on my server to a similar personality. I honestly think that you should man up and enjoy the war game that you play. You have built all these fighting ships. Put them to use, or you have simply made a thread to complain in, and for people to feel sorry for you. There is no honor in whining.

Comment

1. how can you hunt one from own faction ? think before writing !
                      2. do you read the date of the original post, anyway ?

Comment

Working...
                      X