X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post grammar mistakes and spelling problems here

Hello Captains,

post all grammar mistakes and spelling problems in this thread, please.

This will help us to get a better overview and apply changes more quickly into the latest database​.
    Post the line/word/phrase of the current version or attach a screenshot of it, so we can search in the DB correct it.

Best regards
    Robert - alias Captain UltimaRatio (S1)

GameSamba - Star Trek: Alien Domain Team

lol

How long a list do you want??!

What format do you want it in?

Do you want just a list of the grammar stuff ups or do you want the corrected words as well?

Here's a start:

Screenshot_7.png

Comment

The list can be as long as you want it to be. Since we're looking for all types of grammatical errors within the game.
      Last edited by wizkiller96; 07-08-2016, 03:49 AM. Reason: Rewrote it and fixed some grammatical errors.

Comment

There were typos and grammatical errors in this section. Changes are below:

OLD INFO:

Trials-old.jpg

NEW INFO:

Trials-new.jpg

TEXT FOR COPYING:
        1. Your fleet’s durability will not decrease while progressing in the Trial.
        2. You can only challenge the stage by progressing through each stage sequentially. You may get the reward(s) when you complete the stage.
        3. There are 10 stages per chapter. You can rechallenge the stages of that chapter by resetting your progression back to the beginning of the chapter.
        4. Trials will be unavailable during Sunday, 11:00pm to 8:00am while the system calculates your Trial ranking. Rewards will be given out automatically and the Trials will be reset.
        5. You can set your progress +10 by sweeping the stage. The limit to your sweeping is determined by your highest
        completed stage:
        - Sweep to the highest stage while below stage 30.
        - Directly sweep to stage 30 while below stage 50.
        - While above stage 50, sweep limit is current stage
        minus 20 stages.

(")>

Comment

Alright, thank you all! I'll try to fix all this lines as soon I get the latest DB with the 1.20 content.

@Mr.Penguin: Perfect! Thank you!

Best regards

Comment

Location: Defensive Formation Position - Rules (when hovering)

OLD INFO:
            DFP-old.jpg

NEW INFO:
            DFP-new.jpg

TEXT FOR COPYING:
            1. Select a position in the array to receive the defensive bonus by using Battle Blueprints.
            2. You can Upgrade that position if the number of Battle Blueprints have been met.
            3. You can only Upgrade a position one level higher than the lowest level position. (All positions in the array need to be the same level before proceeding to the next level)

(")>

Comment

Defeat the hotile fleet in TotalActivity event has always been my favorite. Thanks for bringing it back.

Comment

Thank you for your help!

I changed most of the mentioned mistakes, but I couldn't find everything in the database. The current live version doesn't run with the latest DB and this is why the "hotile" mistake is still in there. I'll check the DB again after the 1.20 is released to the testserver.

Best regards

Comment

While fighting the fluidics in team battles, they are being called emeny, rather than enemy.

Comment

Do not forget the biggest grammar error. When players come to another player's planet and sees the options "Occupy" or "Loot". I do not know where they read the dictionary occupy from, but occupy means placing some military force into a territory to take possession of it, NOT to destroy it or remove it (in this case), from the planet completely. That would be more like "razing", "relocation", or something more along those lines. This poor use of grammar has caused more mishaps and issues perhaps than any other grammar error you ever had on this game. As if to add salt to the wound, many other facebook and flash online browser games many of us have played, feature an "occupy" option as well. In one case, it lets you send military occupation forces for up to a day to another player's colony or city and during that time you can draw some or all of their produced resources for yourself. It has a max timer of 1 day that you can occupy and take resources from said territory to I suppose prevent unfairness or abuse. That is occupy. Removing a colony is not. If you remove a settlement or destroy all traces of it, you are not occupying because you are removing the constructions there and not using them yourself. Recolonizing or assimilation even would be closer to accurate than occupying.

Comment

I'm thinking it should say The environmental conditions of this sector are very tough so you can't go there with your fleet. Our science officers invented some robots which can do this job instead. Players can dispatch 3 different type of robots to explore...

stormysector.png
                      Attached Files

Comment

In the lucky draw event treble is listed instead of triple.

Treble.png

Comment

LOL. I have no idea what treble is. Unless it has something to do with stereos. Maybe they could hire someone that actually understands English.

Comment

Maybe you should consult a dictionary?

Comment

When doing 'Team Attacks', when you run out of attempts the "+" sign to buy more attempts has a misprint," Do you want to use 10 Credits to buy another sceans time?" not sure what a sceans is but when searched for the search auto corrects it with scenes. I'm thinking that if you replace the last 2 words with 'Team Slot'. may sound a bit better

Comment

Working...
                              X