Things to make the game better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to make the game better

1. Get rid of the 5 second dialog box and timer when leaving sectors. It is a complete annoyance and nothing more. Get rid of it!

2. Fleet setup save options. Allow us 2-3 save slots for different fleet setups. With pvp & pve being vastly different going through and manually changing captains, spar crystals, weapons, etc. is just an unnecessarily tedious undertaking. You have saved setups for skills it's time for ships now!

3. Remove the timer for dropping resources off at colonies. To have an 8+ minute timer just to unload a ship at a colony instead of the instant unloading at the main base is just silly and punitive in a very spiteful way. Games are meant to be fun ...this is not.

4. Remove the camera snapping to your fleet. This is an irritating, absolute mess of an idea. You have a button that takes you to your fleet if you should happen to forget where it is. Getting pulled out of bases / colonies or any other thing that you are trying to get accomplished while your fleet is moving someplace is pointless and frustrating. This goes double when trying to look around while your fleet is moving around inside a sector or in cssb and your try to click around and look at something only to have the game refocus on your fleet. Yes the click and drag usually gets around this but just fix the whole issue and remove this please.

5. Remove the auto entry on first attack of bosses. Sometimes people just want to look and see what's going on before joining. Clicking the join battle button, like every hit past your first, is no big deal. So the auto entry again is just a pointless annoyance,

6. This is possibly the most important. Make players in 3v3 always start the battle in the first wave. Potentially watching 2 fleets of NPCs fight other NPC fleets is mind numbing. Again games are about fun...this might be the least fun thing I have ever experienced in any game.

7. Allow a completely anonymous quit option in a pointless 3v3 that awards the same points / rank as if the timer ran out. This is only for those rare instances when 2 fleets end up in a situation where neither one can kill the other and ends up wasting all the players' time. It would have to be setup where all 6 players have to agree to end the battle and again be anonymous so no fingers can be pointed if somebody decides to continue the battle. This is not that big of a deal but figured I would mention it at least.

I'm sure I have forgotten to mention something but this is what jumped to mind.

8. Change 3v3 points system. Why should someone get 2 points for winning a battle just because they beat someone lower in rank. Lower in rank doesnt mean a weaker fleet.
    Some players don't do every 3v3 session and some only play at weekends, why should this affect other peoples score.

9. Set up a proper exchange for ship debris, similar to the exchange in 3v3 would work fine.
    Shouldnt have to waste hundreds of general ship debris on resets which is what happens with the current exchange, ship debris is hard enough to come by.

10. Wager time for CS-Squad Battle should be changed.

Hope Rigg dont mind me adding to his list.

Comment

Originally posted by 41927844611 View Post
      Hope Rigg dont mind me adding to his list.
      Not at all and they look like good ideas.

Comment

Additional Ideas:

11. Allow us to arrange our fleet while our fleets are in transit. This is another one of those things that boggles the mind. Why can't I change captains, shuttles, spar crystals etc. while moving around the map? It just makes no sense.

12. Allow the spacebar to substitute for clicking 'Next' in any battle with that option. This might be fixed in the mini client but if not it is needed as trying hunt and peck to find where the badly coded 'sweet spot' is on that is annoying.

13. Fix the 'bleed through' or whatever you want to call it where one part of the UI prevents / gets in the way of what should be an upper part of the UI keeping you from clicking on things. For example not being able to close out your fleet info screen without moving it around so that whatever is behind it isn't messing with the 'X' to close it out. Again this might be fixed already but can't get into the mini client so have no idea.

Comment

Sorry to put dampeners on all of these great ideas, however over the last 5 years all of these ideas have been put to the developers and they were all rejected. The STAD Council have asked for all of the things posted here and they were all rejected for one reason or another.

It is nice to see people putting ideas forward, and it would be good to see more people getting involved with making this game better, but there are some things in this game which they cannot remove or take out.

In an ideal world all AI battles in 3v3 you should have players first.

Comment

Originally posted by rigg View Post
            1. Get rid of the 5 second dialog box and timer when leaving sectors. It is a complete annoyance and nothing more. Get rid of it!

2. Fleet setup save options. Allow us 2-3 save slots for different fleet setups. With pvp & pve being vastly different going through and manually changing captains, spar crystals, weapons, etc. is just an unnecessarily tedious undertaking. You have saved setups for skills it's time for ships now!

3. Remove the timer for dropping resources off at colonies. To have an 8+ minute timer just to unload a ship at a colony instead of the instant unloading at the main base is just silly and punitive in a very spiteful way. Games are meant to be fun ...this is not.

4. Remove the camera snapping to your fleet. This is an irritating, absolute mess of an idea. You have a button that takes you to your fleet if you should happen to forget where it is. Getting pulled out of bases / colonies or any other thing that you are trying to get accomplished while your fleet is moving someplace is pointless and frustrating. This goes double when trying to look around while your fleet is moving around inside a sector or in cssb and your try to click around and look at something only to have the game refocus on your fleet. Yes the click and drag usually gets around this but just fix the whole issue and remove this please.

5. Remove the auto entry on first attack of bosses. Sometimes people just want to look and see what's going on before joining. Clicking the join battle button, like every hit past your first, is no big deal. So the auto entry again is just a pointless annoyance,

6. This is possibly the most important. Make players in 3v3 always start the battle in the first wave. Potentially watching 2 fleets of NPCs fight other NPC fleets is mind numbing. Again games are about fun...this might be the least fun thing I have ever experienced in any game.

7. Allow a completely anonymous quit option in a pointless 3v3 that awards the same points / rank as if the timer ran out. This is only for those rare instances when 2 fleets end up in a situation where neither one can kill the other and ends up wasting all the players' time. It would have to be setup where all 6 players have to agree to end the battle and again be anonymous so no fingers can be pointed if somebody decides to continue the battle. This is not that big of a deal but figured I would mention it at least.

I'm sure I have forgotten to mention something but this is what jumped to mind.

Very helpful and detailed write-up (Edited out. DO NOT Advertise)
            Last edited by 16761828211; 03-25-2020, 09:52 AM. Reason: Spamming the forum or Advertising gets people BANNED

Comment

It is nice to see people putting ideas forward.
              gmail sign up

Comment

I would like to expand the audience

Last edited by 16761828211; 09-26-2021, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doncarrick View Post
                  I would like to expand the audience
                  ok, so expand it.

I would like to see NEW IDEAS, and not changing the game so people can take advantage of the change. For example, not allowing players to get just 2 points for a win when fighting players of much lower rank. If a player of a lower Rank kills somebody with a massive score over them they will get 18 points, so it is right for players beating weak players or mega player who play at weekends should only get 2 points. That's how the game works

Comment

I don't think that the ideas have to be small, or at all practical to implement, as long as they present something new. After all, there is the AAA tag. You see, not everything has to be a standalone game, but it can give someone a good idea about a mod for a game they like to tinker with.

The overall issue is that the ideas are not communicated very well - if there was a guideline, how to write an idea, what it has to have and what is extra, that would be great. VidMate app9AppsVLC

As in the previous post, I would point out that we have conversations like and it would be great if we would be able to: 1) put together some better rules for this sub 2) have a template-like instructions/checklist, so people who post something have a general idea what others might missing in their idea 3) list things people should omit when they write, unless there is a good reason (see top post on the link abov
                    Last edited by 33901587739194; 04-25-2020, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 33901587739194 View Post
                      I don't think that the ideas have to be small, or at all practical to implement, as long as they present something new. After all, there is the AAA tag. You see, not everything has to be a standalone game, but it can give someone a good idea about a mod for a game they like to tinker with.

The overall issue is that the ideas are not communicated very well - if there was a guideline, how to write an idea, what it has to have and what is extra, that would be great.

As in the previous post, I would point out that we have conversations like and it would be great if we would be able to: 1) put together some better rules for this sub 2) have a template-like instructions/checklist, so people who post something have a general idea what others might missing in their idea 3) list things people should omit when they write, unless there is a good reason (see top post on the link abov
                      OK there is a post which covers exactly what you have said. Click here.
                      It describes how to put in an idea. The format itself is down to how you want to work it.

Firstly you put in as much information as possible.
                      Add Pictures if required,
                      Add as much information about how the idea works and follow the instructions.

It will then go to others where the idea will be drafted and given to staff. All in all everything works, and yes a lot of ideas have already come into the game, well both games.
                      One idea which came into the game which was created by players ideas was things like Ship upgrades, Spar Crystals and a few really nice things. We still want ideas like that, and more. All you need to do is add your idea to the Mantis website.

Comment

It is nice to see people putting ideas forward, and it would be good to see more people getting involved with making this game better, but there are some things in this game which they cannot remove or take out.

Comment

Originally posted by rinkymehra View Post
                          I agree and some of those things were down to people doing things behind others backs. It is great people do want to get involved, but the best way is to put these Ideas through Mantis so we can push them directly to staff and have an answer within days

Comment

Comment

Games need to be games first. This point may sound too obvious, but it can be very easy to miss

Points which should also not be missed. Adding any links within posts will ultimately get your account banned, which this person did.

This account is not banned for this reason. Do not embed links within posts which take people to sites outside the GS forums.
                              Last edited by 16761828211; 02-04-2021, 10:49 PM. Reason: Edited by Moderator

Comment

Working...
                              X