X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help about 5/4 star officer

Hi all

I was thinking about recruiting 4 or 5 star officer, and I have few questions about that?
    What is better and cheaper - to recruit 5-star officer or to recruit 4-star officer and upgrade him to 5-star.
    Is it true that op 5-s.o. can't be reformed with common 5-star badges anymore?
    When is the best time to upgrade 4-star officer to 5? immediately when is recruited or when is lvl 70?
    Can You suggest which 4-s.o. are the best for You, and explain the cheapest way to get him?

Thank for Your help,
    Last edited by ggrgic; 08-17-2018, 03:26 PM.

straight to 5star is cheaper to recruit, but you will have to sell your house to get it to max cuz they are not in rotation yet, and these require officer-specific-5-star badges, and not the genetic ones.
    you probably can get convert 4star to 5star and then to max by selling half ur house.

I'm about 1100more badges away from maxing out my 4star flag officer so she can be promoted to 5star, not sure i'll be in this game long enough for that to happen.

Comment

Generally, it takes 7 recruits for a 5-star and 4 recruits for a 4-star. Moving the bar all the way over for a 5-star awards thousands of badges, doing the same for the 4-star only awards hundreds. The awards for the 5-star event are also 10x more or so than the 4-star.

A level 1 5-star is more powerful than any 4-star officer at any level. A 4-star officer is only about 20 levels above a 3-star of the same level.

This means, that 7 recruits for a 5-star - and if you are unlucky enough to only place 9th in the event - you will get the officer to 22. For a 4-star, You can participate in 5 recruit events, recruit 4-times each time - get that officer to 76 over time and the 5-star at level 22 is still more powerful.

Generally, the 4-stars are now discounted 50%. So 4 recruits times 5 at a 50% discount is 20K credits to get that 4-star to level 76.

The current 5-star officer costs 9600 credits in this event to recruit 7x. Do that, and it's already more powerful than the 4-star that took 20K credits and over year to recruit.

In my opinion, the 5-star is a better deal and costs less.

9600K for a 5-star, recruit it in one day - or over 3 days if you want other rewards and it's more powerful than a 4-star that needed 20K to get to level 76 and took over a year to do it.

Granted, the 4-star will eventually be upgraded to a 5-star - but that would take an additional 8 recruits to do it.

Plus - any 4-star that has been upgraded to a 5-star will always be less powerful than a straight 5-star officer at the same level.

As a direct comparison between the current 5-star and any of the repeating 4-stars. 9600 credits gets you a 5-star that will be more powerful than any 4-star at any level. That same 9600 credits spent on recruiting a new 4-star will probably get that 4-star to around level 40 - which is about the same as a level 60 3-star.

Currently, one of my accounts recruited the current 5-star officer. This account only invests in the monthly card. For about $8/ month (had to wait for a little over 3 months do to it though), I was able to recruit the current 5-star.

My house costs WAY WAY WAY more than $8/month.

Last edited by 27594774; 04-03-2018, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 27594774 View Post
        Generally, it takes 7 recruits for a 5-star and 4 recruits for a 4-star. Moving the bar all the way over for a 5-star awards thousands of badges, doing the same for the 4-star only awards hundreds. The awards for the 5-star event are also 10x more or so than the 4-star.

A level 1 5-star is more powerful than any 4-star officer at any level. A 4-star officer is only about 20 levels above a 3-star of the same level.

This means, that 7 recruits for a 5-star - and if you are unlucky enough to only place 9th in the event - you will get the officer to 22. For a 4-star, You can participate in 5 recruit events, recruit 4-times each time - get that officer to 76 over time and the 5-star at level 22 is still more powerful.

Generally, the 4-stars are now discounted 50%. So 4 recruits times 5 at a 50% discount is 20K credits to get that 4-star to level 76.

The current 5-star officer costs 9600 credits in this event to recruit 7x. Do that, and it's already more powerful than the 4-star that took 20K credits and over year to recruit.

In my opinion, the 5-star is a better deal and costs less.

9600K for a 5-star, recruit it in one day - or over 3 days if you want other rewards and it's more powerful than a 4-star that needed 20K to get to level 76 and took over a year to do it.

Granted, the 4-star will eventually be upgraded to a 5-star - but that would take an additional 8 recruits to do it.

Plus - any 4-star that has been upgraded to a 5-star will always be less powerful than a straight 5-star officer at the same level.

As a direct comparison between the current 5-star and any of the repeating 4-stars. 9600 credits gets you a 5-star that will be more powerful than any 4-star at any level. That same 9600 credits spent on recruiting a new 4-star will probably get that 4-star to around level 40 - which is about the same as a level 60 3-star.

Currently, one of my accounts recruited the current 5-star officer. This account only invests in the monthly card. For about $8/ month (had to wait for a little over 3 months do to it though), I was able to recruit the current 5-star.

My house costs WAY WAY WAY more than $8/month.
        Commendations on a solid post about how purchasing is different.

One adjustment. One of the main factors between the 4 and 5 star officers. 4 stars can be made 5 star with a star up and COMMON badges. 5 stars require their badges. Make sure you factor that into your decision.

I don't disagree with anything that was said (although some passives might be stronger on a "WEAKER" 4 star than a 5 star just in combination or utility). Great post I just feel like one of the major differences is how they are "upgraded/Reformed"

Comment

I'm hoping soon they release straight 5-star officers without the initial energy increase attribute. Hopefully, if they do, the officer's attributes are able to be active all the time rather than one only working on the flag and the other only working on a support ship.

Even though I own one, I call the 4-stars that were upgraded to 5-star: "bootleg 5-star officers".

Comment

Question: are all 4 star officers once they are turned to 5 stars, upgradable with common 5 star badges, or are there exceptions?

Comment

Originally posted by 48616805569 View Post
              Question: are all 4 star officers once they are turned to 5 stars, upgradable with common 5 star badges, or are there exceptions?
              To my knowledge all 5 star upgrades from 4 star officers use the common badges to reform.

Comment

4 Star Officers has 4 abilities and 5 Star Officers has 5 abilities.
                Q1) If I upgrade a 4 Star Officer to a 5 Star Officer, when it keep only 4 abilities?

For a 5 Star Officer you have 4 abilities open at white level, and 5th opens at orange level.
                Q2) If I upgrade a 4 Star Officer to a 5 Star Officer, will all abilities work at white level?

Comment

4 star officers "take" their 4 star abilities with them upon 5 star upgrade. Then as you advance these abilities raises up (ie level 2 to level 3) Click the officer (presuming you have them recruited) and click 5 star preview. It will show you the abilities with Up arrows showing what they will gain. It also shows the added 5th attribute they get when going to orange. Unfortunately you cannot preview what a non recruited 4 star will get at 5 star, at least not that I can tell

Comment

Originally posted by 49276383363 View Post
                    4 star officers "take" their 4 star abilities with them upon 5 star upgrade. Then as you advance these abilities raises up (ie level 2 to level 3) Click the officer (presuming you have them recruited) and click 5 star preview. It will show you the abilities with Up arrows showing what they will gain. It also shows the added 5th attribute they get when going to orange. Unfortunately you cannot preview what a non recruited 4 star will get at 5 star, at least not that I can tell
                    Thx for Reply. It seems that i have to recruit them before i can see the preview.

Comment

Question what is the best combo in additional attributes for a 5 star officer to have?

Comment

smash and awaken are nice
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tamlin77 View Post

To my knowledge all 5 star upgrades from 4 star officers use the common badges to reform.
                          how do you use the common badges to reform

Comment

you just need to click reform
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X