X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glennsimpson
    replied
    Originally posted by 78717906208 View Post
    So I am still learning this game but came across something confusing.

I had an akria as a flag ship and had 1 set of weapons on it (Phasers).
    ​I had a galaxy ship as support with another arika. The Galaxy had disruptors and the arika had antiproton beams

I get into a fight and only the phasers and disruptors are available to use as skills

​I switch my flag ship to the galaxy class ship and the arika just becomes support. Now in battle there are only phasers available to use???

I don't understand why some weapons cant be used in battle when the ships are equipped with them????

All your weapons fire automatically, generally referred to as standard shots. These you don't control. Weapon skills are available only from the weapons you have placed on your flag ship. Additionally you need to have skill points placed in the weapon skill you want to use. So I assume you are talking about the weapon skills Bombard and Rapid Shot which visually would look like phasers and disruptors but in reality can be fired from other weapons as well (your antiproton beams for instance can fire rapid shot which looks like the phasers). It's been a long time but I seem to remember one or both of those skills being available without weapons (could be wrong on that). What you ideally want to do though is pick the skills you want to use out of what is available to you. Place your most powerful weapon with these skills on your flagship and activate those skills in the skill tab. Think about it before choosing because changing your skill points in the skill tab costs a PCB and they are hard to come by early in the game. Torpedoes are similar when you get them (need to be placed on the flagship to use skill but still help on a support ship). You can also activate ship skills (such as Overload) if you have enough skill points. You can only use ship skills that are available to flag ship. Having 2 of the same weapon on your flag will mean you have only 1 weapon skill available to choose from. So on your Akira flag having 2 phasers would limit you to only Rapid Shot where if you put one phaser and one disruptor on it you could have both Rapid Shot and Bombard. There is a lot more that can go into the placement of your weapons (such as stats, enemies your fighting, etc.) but hopefully that helps to get you started.

Leave a comment:

started a topic Weapons not available in battle?

Weapons not available in battle?

So I am still learning this game but came across something confusing.

I had an akria as a flag ship and had 1 set of weapons on it (Phasers).
    ​I had a galaxy ship as support with another arika. The Galaxy had disruptors and the arika had antiproton beams

I get into a fight and only the phasers and disruptors are available to use as skills

​I switch my flag ship to the galaxy class ship and the arika just becomes support. Now in battle there are only phasers available to use???

I don't understand why some weapons cant be used in battle when the ships are equipped with them????
Working...
X