Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    Originally posted by 41810554089 View Post
    In any case, at the barest of minimums, volunteering to help small opposing players is obviously a bad choice I won't do again; at least not in Cross Server System Battle. As far as dealing with people getting verbally abusive, I am understanding of the frustration, but I come here to relax and enjoy playing the game. I have met a lot of people on both factions in CSSB, but if simply playing the game is enough for people to sincerely believe they are being seriously harmed (and make no mistake, if you calling Cyberbully, you are accusing someone of SERIOUS harm), then its not a game I want to play.
    Can always just go the route of turning chat off and play like you want Good to just ignore the loudmouths when they start spouting off like that.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by terminatorx View Post
    Spend more money. Simple gs well reward you> let the force be with you

LOL, some of the big coiners say that the free players are luckier and get more stuff than them. Some of the free players say that the only way to get good stuff in the game is to spend money.

LOL, none are accurate statements and more of an expression of the speaker justifying their frustration.

However, there is one constant, the free players who complain about heavy coiners only getting that way because they spent a whole ton of money. - Which is also a very inaccurate statement. This is evidenced by the very few former free players who decide to become heavy coiners (rather than rage quitting) - grow over thousand in a short time, yet still remain uncompetetive. The 7T guy that they hated so much when he decimated their fleet when they were 200M is still able to destroy them just as easily even when they grow to 7T. It is due to a fundamental misunderstanding of how pay-to-win games work.

The past 2-years the same things have been happening across quite a few games - the proliferation of the pay-to-win model and loot boxes.

Go to forums where these models are in play - even mainstream ones, and the same sentiments are flying all over the forum. Accusations of cheating by a larger player being taken out by a much smaller player abound. Free players accusing coiners of ruining a game that is supported by coiners also abound.

The fundamental belief that all it takes is thousands of dollars to get a good fleet is simply not true time and time again. These players who discover this after spending thousands of dollars and still not being competetive do not actually ever announce that they were wrong, they just rage quit after being proven wrong.

Welcome to pay-to-win loot box games - it's not just our game and it seems to be where the whole community gaming industry is heading.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by terminatorx View Post
    Are you the same TerminatorX from server Moon? The formerly strongest Klingon in our server? The one that quit a long time ago, but a made a brief visit a month ago to self destruct your fleet?

Leave a comment:

• terminatorx
    replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    . . . As far as dealing with people getting verbally abusive, I am understanding of the frustration, but I come here to relax and enjoy playing the game. I have met a lot of people on both factions in CSSB, but if simply playing the game is enough for people to sincerely believe they are being seriously harmed (and make no mistake, if you calling Cyberbully, you are accusing someone of SERIOUS harm), then its not a game I want to play.
    There are poor sports and trolls in every type of community game. It isn't very many, and at times it goes too far and it might appear that Samba isn't really doing anything about except let players rant and go off on others. Many players ignore it or keep their chat windows closed. The lack of immediate response from any type of authoratative body actually encourages these people to keep verbally abusing to their heart's content. Responding to them actually encourages them even more - in many cases, giving what some of these trolls desperately crave - which is any type of attention. There is mechanism for curtailing this type of behavior, but it is not immediate and it takes away from game play - taking screen shots rather than playing the game.

In the mean time, part of playing this game is putting up with the presence of verbal abuse, being accused of cheating when doing better than someone else, and other people getting obscene and personally insulting you. It isn't the best set of circumstances, but it is what it is.

This type of behavior seems to cease temporarily after a server group reshuffle, but it eventually returns within a few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• tamlin77
    replied
    I see a lot of the people here have server groups that are primarily UFP. On mine, it is primarily KDF. As a UFP member with a ~190M fleet, I have to jump, usually multiple times, to get to a planet with a player I am competitive with. That being said, I usually adopt one of two strategies. Join in a train to take out one of the big KDF fleets blockading our port or jump over and turn as many planets as possible. I tend to favor the latter strategy but lately something has started to happen on our server group that has me thinking its time to hang up the spurs.

The smaller KDF players are getting so desperate that some are begging for points on chat. I'll fight them if I can find them, but they take it as an insult if I use weapons. They don't seem to realize once the message for joining battle is accepted, I can't see if a bigger fleet is barreling down on me. They don't care that it took resources and work to get through the blockade in the first place. They think I am picking on them and I thought I was simply providing them the chance to get on the scoreboard.

Recently I took a planet and a small KDF fleet came to take it back. I defended and after the battle, the player replied sarcastically something of the effect 'thanks for giving me the chance' (not exact words as I barely caught the comment at all). All I saw was thanks and replied "My pleasure. GF." Next thing I know he/she is going off on me calling me a cyberbully. Not 3 minutes later he/she comes right back and attacks again. I turned off auto skills as soon as I could and still blew them away just as quickly to which they starts accusing me of cheating and calling me a lair at every turn.

I don't understand what people are thinking. Yes it is frustrating to get beat consistently. Believe me, being about a third as powerful as the average high level KDF in my group, I understand it. 6 months ago I was 6.5M and fighting those same high level players. In fact, the vast majority of the KDF playing then could beat me and I never complained to them. I actually was friendly and sportsman like in telling them good fight after every time I got my back side tanned. They weren't persecuting me; they were simply playing the game and I understood that.

In any case, at the barest of minimums, volunteering to help small opposing players is obviously a bad choice I won't do again; at least not in Cross Server System Battle. As far as dealing with people getting verbally abusive, I am understanding of the frustration, but I come here to relax and enjoy playing the game. I have met a lot of people on both factions in CSSB, but if simply playing the game is enough for people to sincerely believe they are being seriously harmed (and make no mistake, if you calling Cyberbully, you are accusing someone of SERIOUS harm), then its not a game I want to play.
    There are those few in every battle. Sorry you had to deal with it

Generally people aren't that way and most understand the nature of cssb, even with its flaws, and the progression required. The ones that I always have the most respect for are the ones that give it their best go and keep trying to adapt.

Leave a comment:

replied
    I see a lot of the people here have server groups that are primarily UFP. On mine, it is primarily KDF. As a UFP member with a ~190M fleet, I have to jump, usually multiple times, to get to a planet with a player I am competitive with. That being said, I usually adopt one of two strategies. Join in a train to take out one of the big KDF fleets blockading our port or jump over and turn as many planets as possible. I tend to favor the latter strategy but lately something has started to happen on our server group that has me thinking its time to hang up the spurs.

The smaller KDF players are getting so desperate that some are begging for points on chat. I'll fight them if I can find them, but they take it as an insult if I use weapons. They don't seem to realize once the message for joining battle is accepted, I can't see if a bigger fleet is barreling down on me. They don't care that it took resources and work to get through the blockade in the first place. They think I am picking on them and I thought I was simply providing them the chance to get on the scoreboard.

Recently I took a planet and a small KDF fleet came to take it back. I defended and after the battle, the player replied sarcastically something of the effect 'thanks for giving me the chance' (not exact words as I barely caught the comment at all). All I saw was thanks and replied "My pleasure. GF." Next thing I know he/she is going off on me calling me a cyberbully. Not 3 minutes later he/she comes right back and attacks again. I turned off auto skills as soon as I could and still blew them away just as quickly to which they starts accusing me of cheating and calling me a lair at every turn.

I don't understand what people are thinking. Yes it is frustrating to get beat consistently. Believe me, being about a third as powerful as the average high level KDF in my group, I understand it. 6 months ago I was 6.5M and fighting those same high level players. In fact, the vast majority of the KDF playing then could beat me and I never complained to them. I actually was friendly and sportsman like in telling them good fight after every time I got my back side tanned. They weren't persecuting me; they were simply playing the game and I understood that.

Leave a comment:

replied

In any case, at the barest of minimums, volunteering to help small opposing players is obviously a bad choice I won't do again; at least not in Cross Server System Battle. As far as dealing with people getting verbally abusive, I am understanding of the frustration, but I come here to relax and enjoy playing the game. I have met a lot of people on both factions in CSSB, but if simply playing the game is enough for people to sincerely believe they are being seriously harmed (and make no mistake, if you calling Cyberbully, you are accusing someone of SERIOUS harm), then its not a game I want to play

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by 40771981473 View Post
    actually if you let them know you need point they usully move 99 percent of the time

it depends on the time .. some start asking after 10 minutes of not trying .. some are in a hurry and want to get other fleets into battle .. some are in a hurry to get out and finish a mission .. some are just learning

i think it's up to us players to figure out our own way of getting points .. and not rely on others to give up points

Leave a comment:

• tamlin77
    replied
    Speed definitely helps in CSSB but some element of that is not dragging your reserves into CSSB and leaving it to your main fleet speed since its divided by the number of ships in your fleet.

They are all things that players should work on for sure but those that already ground out or prioritized their speed will likely have other issues elsewhere. like other things its a choice but i definitely agree speed is very valuable in general sector flying, bounties, looting planets and CSSB.,

Leave a comment:

replied
    I only have 1400 speed and always place in top 5....would be interesting though if every ones speed was the same

Leave a comment:

replied
    frankly i find the cssb to much hassel to bother with, players with serious speed can only play I find. Maybe a weekly cssb would be better.

Leave a comment:

• tamlin77
    replied
    Originally posted by 49369983572 View Post

The extra speed (just under 3000 for a fed, just under 4000 for a KDF) helps enormously with server tasks - specifically the bounties and looting - and the ability to get almost anywhere in less than a minute means converging on an uncloaked looting fleet before they have left the sector they just looted.

The side benefit is looking like Barry Allen in SB.
    Yeah the current fed max (without the bonus 15% officer) is 2573 on all 4 of my ships.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by tamlin77 View Post
    BOunties are largely forgotten as a great way to increase your ships.. ecrystal + raise kits + lab items and lab placement items per chapter section done. It adds up mega quick.. and as you noted the additional speed while it helps you in cssb also helps you in regular flight, carrying resources back etc.. its one of the things i max out first

The extra speed (just under 3000 for a fed, just under 4000 for a KDF) helps enormously with server tasks - specifically the bounties and looting - and the ability to get almost anywhere in less than a minute means converging on an uncloaked looting fleet before they have left the sector they just looted.

The side benefit is looking like Barry Allen in SB.

Leave a comment:

• tamlin77
    replied
    BOunties are largely forgotten as a great way to increase your ships.. ecrystal + raise kits + lab items and lab placement items per chapter section done. It adds up mega quick.. and as you noted the additional speed while it helps you in cssb also helps you in regular flight, carrying resources back etc.. its one of the things i max out first

Leave a comment:

Working...
X