CSSB Campers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSSB Campers

Can anyone please do something about players who intentionally block planets 14, 15 and 16, these people have no consederation on low lvl players. they move in to the gates and stay as long as they want im seeing players who beg just to gain points in CSSB...

usually people sit on jump planets to get points. I know i try to move off and on those planets to allow others to get in front of me but I don't really move if there are 4-5 planets that the klingons took and they just want to flock to the planet I am on. No matter where I go I will block someone so better to block where it does the most good for the UFP. I do chase them around etc. but I wouldn't expect every player to do that. If someone is blocking 14 15 and 16 who won't move then move over to the connected planets and wait for jumpers.

Typically i do move for them. Strategically blocking those planets with your big players is a good idea to win, something the KDF doesn't usually do.

Unless the KDF in your server group just aren't jumping there should be plenty of kills across the map to get a score.

If the goal is to win I wouldn't expect them to change their tactics but KDF can float away from them and force them to move if they are about points, if the person is about funnelling KDF they aren't going to move as that would create an opening.

Each battle is different and each situation is different.

Comment

Thanks for your great insight on tactics, (read almost all of your review's, help us alot in game mechanics) hope that everybody would use such mindset in playing the game...

Comment

Thank you for understanding the point of the post I am just trying to help. Hopefully that will help you out some, like everything GS has work to do to make it better but few things in the game are so tragic they can't be handled.

Wish you the best of luck in today's matches!

Comment

You're welcome Tam, as for the matches already ran out of it. inching my way though( the difficulty of not coining ) + ( following you're suggestion in accumulating all those credit point card) - Tried the Strategy you mentioned - got point in less than I ussed to. Hope that you can teach us more about the game

Comment

Glad that worked out well for you! Save up it gets easier

Comment

the fact is that Game Samba favors feds ...there are 3 times more feds than there are klingons... so no matter what we say or do if we are klingons all we can do is our best as we watch feds get stronger and klingons lose time and time again.

Comment

Certain groups have more of one than the other. Players favor feds not GS imho. More players joining a faction creates the situation more than a developer (who offers options for both) does.

e.g. when pulling the numbers for KDF vs FEDS from the reward leaderboards it was 42% kdf to 58% ufp on the leaderboards in total.

Your server group might be overwhelmed as a number of them are by UFP but there are also KDF groups.

There is a thread and a petition for the CSSB rewards that I would suggest you sign and offer your support to in the forums (COMPENSATION BADGES FOR KDF) created by Alter3go that might be a better fit for what you are discussing. This was an post related to a UFP player and the fact they also get limited rewards because of campers.

I am sure Alter3go would appreciate the support on the compensation thread if you haven't already

Comment

Big players patrolling the borders near enemy base is a viable strategy. Without blockers there, the opposite faction would quickly spread out. Low level players looking for points should probably not be looking at these border planets, but instead look for a base that is in the process of being turned - then try to turn the planet back. The fluidic creatures that are there are guaranteed points for almost anyone. On my server, I rarely play SB anymore and I'm rather overpowering and also I already have over 2000 unused alloy A that will probably never be used. But, if requested by smaller players of my faction, I will join SB to help them with the faction win - along with other big goons from my server. We will immediately head towards the enemy border - each of us taking one of the three bases right adjacent to the enemy base. We do eventually die, but head right back there to slow down the jumpers. This leaves the smaller players in the middle to run around and turn planets back and chase down jumpers. Often the jumpers will encounter a planet uncontested and turn a planet without encountering anything except the fluidic creatures - and when they do score points.

As I mentioned before, if someone is just looking to score points, heading to the bases nearest the enemy isn't really the best way to do that. A small player will often encounter such a huge fleet, that they might not even get a shot off and score a single point.

Comment

As a Klingon and quite big in size I actually can jump passed the blockade. Jumping passed people like Tamlin is fun, but I still enjoy fighting him, and he knows it.

Having a blockade is irrelevant when people just want to score points.

I listen to Tamlin and his tactics, he makes a lot of sense and is more than willing to help anybody on both sides of the camp. I know people will blast me for it but isn't that what a game helper is for and not somebody who puts himself first.

Which ever strategy peop le use jumping planets to get a good spot to score is always a good idea. I do like how the UPF main players work together, even if they do not talk in chat. We are always chatting in faction chat and trying to team up on people. Its a shame there was no rewards today as I know we would have had at least 12 points, getting closer each time.

We may not have the numbers but the spirit of the game is high among us.

Comment

Don't hurt me.

Comment

All that is fine if your only motivation for hoarding a position is to beat the KDF, but the big players in strength are just that [BIG] and only growing bigger by blocking everyone else [regardless of their motives] and getting the game points for themselves. I think that after you have reached a certain level in strength [to be determined by the game monitors], you should not be allowed in CSSB or if allowed, then you can only stay in an attack position for 2 wins and then have to vacate the planetoid. This will give the weaker players a chance to gain points that they need to grow as well..

Comment

Originally posted by douge View Post
                          All that is fine if your only motivation for hoarding a position is to beat the KDF, but the big players in strength are just that [BIG] and only growing bigger by blocking everyone else [regardless of their motives] and getting the game points for themselves. I think that after you have reached a certain level in strength [to be determined by the game monitors], you should not be allowed in CSSB or if allowed, then you can only stay in an attack position for 2 wins and then have to vacate the planetoid. This will give the weaker players a chance to gain points that they need to grow as well..
                          How would blocking or limiting players with a certain strength be fair to those players? Some players put a lot of time, effort and money into building their large fleets. Denying them CSSB or the ability to use their large fleets would be unfair to them. I understand your frustration but limiting how one group (high str fleets) can play to make it easier for another group (low str fleets) is not the right answer. That is like saying when a sports team plays a weaker sports team that they should bench their best players to make it an even game. Fair play does not mean both sides need to be exactly even with each other, it means both sides have to follow the same rules and get punished when/if they cheat in some way.

I am all for helping out weak fleets and do so as often as I can but I refuse to limit myself or my style of game play just to make it easier for my opponents. And I say this as a KDF player so I understand the frustration of losing almost every CSSB. The bigger problem with this game is the imbalance in population numbers between the two factions but you can not force people to play KDF when they want to be UFP so at some point you just have to accept it for what it is. Outside of abolishing factions or adding a 3rd playable faction to ally with KDF, there is really nothing that can be done about that either without limiting another persons gameplay to make it easier for their opponents.

It is wrong to expect or ask any player KDF or UFP to limit themselves or expect them not to do everything they can to accomplish their goals whether that is reaching the top of the leaderboard or helping their faction win.
                          Last edited by drasdin; 10-04-2016, 10:17 PM.

Comment

My thoughts are to have levels of CSSB for the different levels of players. And a high strength CSSB for the coiners to play in.

Comment

you gain points win or lose and they have plenty of mechanics to get past the big players if tactics are applied. Creating an instance where they are setup by fleet strength has two major flaws beside my idealistic belief that its a war and you don't go to your own side of the battle field.

a.) Populations issues are across all strengths so all you will end up with is instances where there are virtually no players. There will still be more of one faction and they will flock to prevent you from taking planets. Since dying to a big or small player doesn't really change things but allows you to score (big players give you more score for your fight) I used to be the scoreboard fight for the klingons fighting to be in the top 10

b.) Fleet strength isn't the best indicator of power. I can underpower my fleet strength by removing my evasion taking me from 700m+ to just over 100m and still be just as powerful in damage and damage mitigation since evasion doesn't work on skills and almost all players use skills over natural damage. While its higher for me realize that goes all the way down into the lowest echelons of the player base as well. So again the issue isn't merely based on strength.

Comment

Working...
                              X