Suggestion - Should not allow the use of same names in a single server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion - Should not allow the use of same names in a single server

We should not be allowed to use the same character names on the same server regardless of capitalization because it can lead to problems. One of the biggest problems being impostors who pretend to be someone else in order to trick people into trusting them. It's been a problem in other games in the past that allowed same names, or merged servers. Frankly it's annoying to have to go around trying to clear up the confusion and conflict that these people can cause, so it's best not to have the problem in the first place.

I believe this game should only allow unique names in a given server, in order to prevent problems like this from occurring.

If you need an example, here:
    I have a friend named 'Minako' in the CBT server right now, and now there is another person using her name, spelled 'minako'. :/ I almost thought this was her alternate account until she told me otherwise. You see how this can cause problems?

lol Yuei, I didn't think you'd post it. XD Yeah, I completely support this suggestion because this sort of thing was a major pain in another game I played. In that one they not only stole my name, but also copied my character's appearance almost perfectly... It was so annoying to have to keep saying "That wasn't me you spoke to. It was the copycat running around pretending to be me..." D; Hope that changes in this game so that doesn't happen here as well.

lucykitten, I'm not sure if we can change our names after creating the character as of right now, however I think the names will be wiped when CBT ends, along with all the rest of the character data. That's usually how it goes.

Comment

Working...
    X